2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff Norm, gotta love a feed cooked out in the woods ::thumbsup::

Took one of my 2100's out for a lap at the block stand, cutting a bit of red gum that is dry.
[video=youtube;LF_MiAqWJng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_MiAqWJng&list=UU2N-wO248QATJramMEoPwHA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I haven't been pigging for a few years now, miss a bit tho, good times. This pic is from a few years back, caught him with a couple of Border Collies while out mustering cattle one day.
View attachment 217526
attachment.php

Didn't mind setting out a few traps for dingos, used to get enuff from the bounties on them to keep me in beer :msp_biggrin:
View attachment 217527
attachment.php

Cheers
Will

normzilla44: I took the advice you gave me in the "Mastermind meets Dolly 120si thread" and jumped on the opportunity to grab a 288xp. With a little tradin and cash exchange I walked away with his personal "mint" 288xp lite today. Thanks for the advice. Thilled I get to own one of these classics. It's my first Husky.

Good deal Bryan! REP sent! I dont have to tell you my love for the 288, that you already know! I would love to see it, and muscle saw it is:bowdown:

Hmmmmm? Outback muffler, that has a ring to it! My filter cover has done that a time or two, its the torque fellas:msp_biggrin: It just twist it right off;);)

Good deal Bryan! REP sent! I dont have to tell you my love for the 288, that you already know! I would love to see it, and muscle saw it is:bowdown:

This mornings job.... restoring 288xp thread. Mastermind OP It's got the pics in it. I dont know how to do anything but type. I dropped off my 044 today (all time favorite) for him to port while I was there picking up the Dolly 120si he just finished for me. The 288 will be takin the ride back with me to get some grinding of its own. I had mentioned to him that if he got a line on a 2101 let me know, and he put the 288 in my hands. Came home and read hundreds of pages on the 288 and decided I had to have the saw. Thrilled I got it.

Steven

I went out to cut some wood on the mountain today and took some American muscle with me. Nothing 6 cube, but big enough to not really notice they had to work.

[video=youtube;5bfOeM3EuCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfOeM3EuCI[/video]
[video=youtube;3sUoocl1AAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sUoocl1AAU[/video]

Steven great buy from a great guy:monkey: You wont be dissapointed, a 2100-01 is always a welcomed addition but with the muscle you just acquired you wont be lacking anything! Jim,NICE! Nothing like the sound of saws echoing through gods country!!

Steven great buy from a great guy:monkey: You wont be dissapointed, a 2100-01 is always a welcomed addition but with the muscle you just acquired you wont be lacking anything! Jim,NICE! Nothing like the sound of saws echoing through gods country!!

Randy is a great guy- glad I got him as a friend. Something about the 288 just feels right and it looks almost regal to me. I still have to have a 2101 as soon as I locate a nice one, but the 288 has found it's forever home. Wont have an opportunity to have another one used in this good a condition and I dont see ever parting with it. It just fits. Its like the 044.

Hmmmmm? Outback muffler, that has a ring to it! My filter cover has done that a time or two, its the torque fellas:msp_biggrin: It just twist it right off;);)

just a play on words Norm, there were 2 mufflers available on the 2100 and 2101...normal and "Jungle" type. The Jungle type as a sloted front plate to allow more exhaust area...in the same spot as Will's holes. From what I can gather the thin ring stuff was labled as jungle type also...

Bryan I have a 044, and will never part with it. Someday I will have a 288, and wont let it go! Serge I kind of figured that being a little fluent in outback lingo! I love it! I will never forget the first time I got on Board dogs . com I saw the word UTE, and said WTF? Is that LOL! I have been told I would make a good Aussie!:clap:

Bryan I have a 044, and will never part with it. Someday I will have a 288, and wont let it go! Serge I kind of figured that being a little fluent in outback lingo! I love it! I will never forget the first time I got on Board dogs . com I saw the word UTE, and said WTF? Is that LOL! I have been told I would make a good Aussie!:clap:

You got the saws and the dogs Norm, you just need the ute and sink a few stubbies and you'll fit right in lol

Serge, the hole in the front of the 2100 mufflers is great for adjusting exhaust hole sizes, made up a number of plates with different sizes and swapped them around till I got the fastest times, easy to a smaller size if I went to far. As for that darn cover, I should get some grommets for it to hold it still. And again Serge, thanks for the cover, cheers

I hear all the talk on the 288, I have a 272xp that my dad gave me and I really like it. What differences are there between a 272 and 288. Do I need one?:msp_biggrin:

Good stuff Will! My UTE is about wore out LOL! Andy the 288, if memory serves me right is 87cc's. The 272 is outstanding, an all around great and favorite. But yes there is a big difference in torque, and power. They are also heavier than the 272, but have a lot more toque. To answer the question do you need one? Of course, and so do I;)

i took the ferry and drove up to Qualicum Beach last year to buy a 288. The saw turned out to be a 281 but in good shape for $125. I like the way it runs with the Tillotson carb. It seems to have a wider power band than the Walbro equipped saws.Not sure what to do with that saw.I could sell it or maybe replace cylinder to make it a 288.It has so much compression now I have a time pulling it over.I injured my right hand fingers pretty bad last year and it hurts like hell the day after pulling over the 281 or 2100.The 288 cylinder on ebay has a comp release.That would make it a very useful saw.It start now with only a couple of pulls.

attachment.php

Im glad the one I got has the decomp. Norm would you recommend the hi top and HD filter set up for airflow. I normally cut clean green wood. Just curious about if the HD would allow more airflow or if the better filtration of the HD would hinder airflow. Is there a power increase with the HD? I know chainging the intake on my 7.3 powerstroke to a TYMAR intake from the factory box changed performance drastically.

I think for look's sake alone the 288 high top is mandatory! But yes I am sure there would be a performance gain, if nothing else it is just a better set up. If I got one with the low profile filter, and cover it would be the first thing I would change.

Back