2153 finally here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well, I finally got my 2153

first comment out board clutches are a pita. atleast the first time, there is no way around it you have to bring the tension screw all the way back or else it won't go on

second comment why did they have to hide the last screw for the recoil cover behind the handle. they could have atleast moved it over a 1/4 inch so you could reach it with a long handle.

third comment the primer bulb makes the top cover harder to remove but I think I will get the hang of it soon. but it sure adds a lot of fuel hose under the top cover. If something ever goes wrong with it I think it would be worth it to delete it.

I finally got the limiter tabs off. clipped them with a pair of cutters and finished off with an exacto. just so others know, a red hot exacto knife does not work, it only sinks in 1/16 inch before cooling off . the non cat muffler will be going on soon and then all that is left is to try it out.

by the way it weighs in at 14lbs with bar and chain but no fluids
16 inch bar with 3/8 chain

.... third comment the primer bulb makes the top cover harder to remove but I think I will get the hang of it soon. ....

That is true, I notised it on the NE346xp as well.

The issue with the screw is probably because it has a different handlebar than the 346/353.......

Outboard clutches will allways be an inconvenience, but it is a tradeoff to make the saws feeling more compact and nimble. Changing bars and chain is no real problem, but changing sprocket rims are much slower and complicated.

Last edited:
not anymore huskyman, I just got the non cat muffler bolted on this afternoon before even running the thing. but it does have a green fuel cap.

I clipped the limiter caps off but I'm having a little problem with the H needle. it seems that the cap holds onto the needle but not very hard. the L needle is fine I can seat the needle and then adjust it one turn out but for the H needle. If the top cover is off, I can visually confirm that the needle is seated by looking through the white plastic base. but the actual cap on top of the needle never stops turning.

I just need to get some fresh premium mix and fine tune the carb adjustment and I'll be all set to go.

Back