2253 Jonsered maroon handle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 2253 from tlandrum last month, but mine has a burgundy colored tank. I find it annoying, but I can't do anything about it, because there are no Jonsered dealers around (except for Tractor Supply), and I would suffer shipping costs and downtime sending it back to Terry for a warranty claim. The only glass half full outlook I can have, is that unlike cars, chainsaws are not chick magnets. It is like wearing mismatched socks, but no one is going to laugh at me out in the woods.:(

Yes sir you are correct. My point was quality acceptance not comparing chainsaws to loss if life parts. I hope the other dealers out there and on here let Jonsered how they feel. We accepted it in the dealership and he did tell us on the phone that it was off color.

I am not mad at anyone in anyway just kinda disappointed in Jonsered letting that out the door in such a competitive market.

Would you buy a 261cm with a brown tank??
Remember who builds this saw. It is a Husky issue-not a J-red issue. Would they let this VENDOR issue occur on a saw that bears its own name like a 550 or a 562?

There have been a lot of Husqvarnas over the years with off color oranges-----even when new, as has already been discussed here. I am not sure it is something that bothers the manufacturer too much or they would have tighter QC on the colors...............whether it be orange or red.

Ron

There have been a lot of Husqvarnas over the years with off color oranges-----even when new, as has already been discussed here. I am not sure it is something that bothers the manufacturer too much or they would have tighter QC on the colors...............whether it be orange or red.

Ron

It obviously isn't high on their priority list, but shouldn't cost them too much to avoid?

I have a black, orange, and wood chip colored 346xp, oh wait never mind, thats pine pitch and wood chips. I have seen a great deal of color variation with the 346's however not so much with the 550's. If Jonsermaroon is willing to let these saws go at a lower cost and as long as the dealers are transferring that discount to the customer, I don't see and issue with it, who doesn't love a good deal? I would rather see that then a fully functional product ending up in the trash.

I also have a 1987 Peach colored Kubota tractor.

So my Jonsered dealer called me yesterday and said that Jonsered will warranty us a new tank. Our option was to return the saw in original box or they'll ship us a new tank. From what my dealer told me the gentleman at husqvarna group he spoke with, actually looked up this thread to see the pictures. Very happy with our results here!

Yep ugly as sin, but in a ugly puppy way. I like it. Nothing wrong with a little character. Glad the JRed guys are working with you on it.

I bought a 2253 from tlandrum last month, but mine has a burgundy colored tank. I find it annoying, but I can't do anything about it, because there are no Jonsered dealers around (except for Tractor Supply), and I would suffer shipping costs and downtime sending it back to Terry for a warranty claim. The only glass half full outlook I can have, is that unlike cars, chainsaws are not chick magnets. It is like wearing mismatched socks, but no one is going to laugh at me out in the woods.:(

I have the same problem, only mine is a Stihl. It came in three different colors. And half of the handle is blackened. I was considering suing Stihl. Maybe there is a class action suit in this...

:rolleyes:

The one I bought had a maroon handle as well. It now has a new home and I have a silver colored clutch cover that will look terrible here directly.

It didn't really bother me, but mine wasn't that dark. Although it was very noticeable. Didn't seem to bother the new owner either.

The one I bought had a maroon handle as well. It now has a new home and I have a silver colored clutch cover that will look terrible here directly.

It didn't really bother me, but mine wasn't that dark. Although it was very noticeable. Didn't seem to bother the new owner either.

We'd appreciate some pics of your red/black/maroon/silver saw. I think I'll really like it.

We'd appreciate some pics of your red/black/maroon/silver saw. I think I'll really like it.

Ask and you shall receive. I had to dig them up from my phone..

And as for the color. It's not as bad as Homelites. I dealt with it and have since traded it and that member has said it doesn't bother him.

A saw is just a tool to otherwise get a job done. Function over form. . Right? ;)

But it does help when they look pretty :rock:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I'm amazed that Husky/Jred let's these color differences out to the public. I paint bumpers for Ford/GM/Chrysler and they are unbelievebly stringent on color

I have yet to see any of these myself. Terry and I compared serial numbers and some of his dark tanks were both before and after some of my serial numbers that had proper tanks. So they are scattered out there with no relationship to the numbers. I check everything I sell and would never ship one out with that ugly tank on it. And that's REAL ugly IMO. :(

Personally i wouldn't be worried about it and wouldn't expect to pay any less than one all the same color.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I just bought one a month ago to replace my CS 2150 got a good deal on $485 it has the maroon tank

I remember this thread, I posted that my cs2253 didn't have a maroon tank, well mine is turning more maroon with time.

I have also seen one come brand new like yours with a maroon tank. bright red starter cover.

Latest posts

Back