2253 Jonsered maroon handle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
Reaction score
My step dad Took delivery of this 2253 today and couldn't help but notice how much darker red handle was! Whats your guys take on this?
e8udetu7.jpg
e7u2apev.jpg
myvyqy9e.jpg
it is a 2013 model, quality control must have been asleep at the plastic plant that day!

I've got a brand new one and the handle sure isn't that color. Very interesting.

I guess if it were me, being brand new I'd take it back. If not I'd always be wondering about it structurally. Something just isn't right about that handle. Would you be ok with your new blue pickup having a purple fender? Different monetary commitment but same principle in my eyes. o_O

I'd just use it if it were me,its a tool i'm not real big on looks or saws looking pretty.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

ive seen several of these with the maroon handle. I have had about 7 of them come thru my store. theres nothing wrong with the tank itself, it is just a color variation. I have been able to get them replaced when the customer really could not deal with it. the only ones I have seen happen to be 2253's. no other saws have had it. theres also no certain group of saws such as xxx serial number to xxx serial number. its random as to what saws got that off color tank. as long as jonsered will replace it the dealer should get paid for doing it. like I said earlier its common on that saw I have had a few of them. ive sold probably 20 of those saws and 7 had the dark tank.

Latest posts

Back