262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the burr I use more than any other. I go thru 5 - 6 a week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbide-Bur...979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b44aad63

I checked the KS jug in this batch against the early Mahle version......I found little difference. The later versions of the Mahle jug have much less transfer duration.

The only reason to do anything to the lower lip is to prevent fuel from pooling there. The crank bells are nearly always up even with that lip.....so what is really accomplished by lowering them?

On this group of saws I did nothing to them. I didn't want to add to the case volume.

Yes. Months really. I rarely use them though.

There are very few cutting edges on the NF burrs......I assume that's why they dull quickly.

Need on more handpiece. mount the plating breaker in it.

kinda like how I would run a turret lathe for boring tubing with a nasty weld seam inside of it
But had to hold dimension for a bearing fit.
Add one more tool to index around for a roughing pass, to knock the scale and weld crispies out.
then spin the next tool in place to do the first bore pass
and a third one got the finish dimnsion nice and clean.

Trying to think whos bench I saw pics of here that had a handpice for about every dang burr or tool.
Yeah i was drooling.

kinda like how I would run a turret lathe for boring tubing with a nasty weld seam inside of it
Add one more tool to index around for a roughing pass, to knock the scale and weld crispies out.

Trying to think whos bench I saw pics of here that had a handpice for about every dang burr or tool.
Yeah i was drooling.

Nice visual. Expensive but nice. As usual, all it takes is money.

Yeah i was drooling.

Was it this one? 23 spots and I already ran out of room.

IMG_3452_zpsefe7yviu.jpg

Yeah i was drooling.

Might have been mine.......I've got God only knows how many #30 handpieces......three MC182s......a couple of H44s, and two H28s.

[QUOTeE"bryanr2, post: 5316397, member: 60025"]agreed, although my favorite period is 87cc 288xp . This thread has been awesome though, theres been "idle" talk of doing a comparison between the current offering and the "classic hotrod 262xp" for years. Randy finally put a thread together for us and it has been sweet. Never expected it to make it to 30 pages. Glad there is a lot of "meat and potatos" in the thread and not just BS.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Yeah i agree, thats where the double :):) came from.

Latest posts

Back