262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I cross threaded believe it's a 266. Third pic down see how the air cover flows into the handle the 268 it's squared up and the 268 they started using paper filters;)

stihl 026 husky? xp mac 610 efco 132s craftsman 54cc? mac 1635

Lazyness.... I don't really feel like diggin through bits and doggin up a head on the lathe.... If I had my own shop i might set it up so its easier to do the lathe work, and cut the base of the cylinder and the squish band as well...but I'm working at my father's shop, so I do the best I can. Plus, I prefer to retain a gasket... so what I do is check squish with a gasket, then cut the appropriate amount off the chassis, and recheck squish. Usually I come pretty close to .020" :)

One downside is that I don't get the uptick in compression that MM gets by cutting squishband ....so it would make sense for me make a popup, but I haven't done that yet. I would also need to to take an additional .030 off the case to account for the popup. They way I do it as is, its still possible to go back to a stock jug at any time :)

One downside is that I don't get the uptick in compression that MM gets by cutting squishband ....so it would make sense for me make a popup, but I haven't done that yet. I would also need to to take an additional .030 off the case to account for the popup. They way I do it as is, its still possible to go back to a stock jug at any time :)
Why would you need an additional .030 for the popup? Isn't the idea to keep the squish tight and the popup is just in the combustion chamber?
I've got a 181 that someone milled the case on and wondered why? Achieves the same goal I guess so that's great! Different methods, options!![emoji106]

Because I'd need to machine off .030 of the piston to attain the popup, which then messes up the timings of everything unless I lower the cylinder head further...yes...options :)
Oh ok. I was thinking you would weld on a popup.
Got it.
[emoji106]

Back