262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also this option...

IMG_0063_1_zpsasfzqosv.jpg
Was that a stock or aftermarket option

I have never heard of Gilardoni cylinders being sold as aftermarket, they are in the same quality range as Mahle and KS.

Yep, I had an early Stihl MS441 carb'd saw with a factory Gilardoni cylinder, so they are OEM suppliers to several saw manufacturers

Maybe it is different in Europe? I have 11 262's with the split being about 8 having Mahle cylinders and 3 having KS cylinders. All eight of my Mahle's have the "Mahle" and part number on the flywheel side. All three of my KS cylinders have the "KS" on the clutch side.

Below are the pictures of the 262 cylinders I have from my project saws. They show what I said above.

View attachment 431033 View attachment 431034 View attachment 431035 View attachment 431036 View attachment 431037
my mistake on the 48ZN15, you have totally correct there.
48ZK3 though have the number on the same side as KS. It also have the 262 number close to one of the screw.
Will post pictures when I get home from work today

My carb grommet came today so maybe I can finally get this saw tuned and see what all the fuss is about! Still cant figure out how to put the chain brake parts back in the clutch cover!

Latest posts

Back