266xp bar length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJackson

JJackson

ArboristSite Operative
What is the range of bar length that I should be able to run on my 266xp, if my brother ever sends it:D Also would like any information on these saws, like hp. Thanks

Last edited:
Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
I run a 20" on mine without any trouble, IMO, nothing longer than a 28" for decent performance. anything longer and I'd imagine you'd start seeing lower performance.

dbabcock

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Have Ken Dunn massage your 266 like he did with mine, then you can run a 24" or so into hardwood all day long. Had mine since new in 1987 and it always ran great with no problems encountered. Ken did a woods porting job on it last year and woke it up big time.

JJackson

JJackson

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for the replies, I live in northern arizona and dont see much hardwood, mostly pine, pinon pine and juniper and more pine and soem gamble oak. I read on the site that Mange posted that the mix for a 266xp is 40:1 and not 50:1 as other models of the 266 line-up...any thoughts or comments on this.

Thanks

Mange

Mange

Addicted to ArboristSite
If you are refering to the link I posted, i think thats what the manufactuer said, If you want to know where the facts come from, ask Mike Acers himself, he can answer better.

Mange

Latest posts