266xp vs. 272xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonker81

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So gramps finally threw in the towel and gave me his 266xp. He can't pull it anymore and I've been chomping to get that saw for 10yrs. In the mean time I procured a 272xp. I rebuilt the carb and put a commie piston in it. It have a 28" and 24" bar for it and last fall/summer it seemed to just eat wood, it was cutting like a champ. The other day I was out cutting with the 266 and the 272 and it just seemed that the 272 couldn't touch the 266. I tried touching up the chain and friggin with the carb but I couldn't get the 272 to just rip. I'm not sure if the wood was harder (two different trees, one for each saw) or the chain was a little dull but it seemed to me that the 266 with 20" bar had power to spare and the 272 was dogging. Any thoughts?

Something is wrong, a 272 has more power, not a lot, but more. Have ran both. Not looking at the specs, just exp.

There shouldn't be any competition, the 272xp should be a lot stronger than the 266xp, if they are in the same state of wear......;)

Something is wrong with that 272xp!

There shouldn't be any competition, the 272xp should be a lot stronger than the 266xp, if they are in the same state of wear......;)

Something is wrong with that 272xp!

yeah I agree....that 272xp should be rippin'.
It's one of the best

Latest posts

Back