288xp done, muffler modded

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's what it came with and this is the only 28 incher I've got. I have to go to the dealer to get a bar dressed and I'll probably get a loop of full comp for it then.

I have six 288's and all are deco.........I had a 281 it had no deco....I heard that the early models might not have it ......

Measure the bore and make sure its 54mm.......If not the 281's run great too....

I've wore out several 288's, and none of mine ever had a decomp. That aught to tell you how long ago that was. :cheers:

Andy

what is the difference in the 288xp and the lite edition?

the "lite's" were only half wrap, didnt have the extra av coil spring that attaches to the inside dawg and didnt come with the hi top cover and HD air filter. not much difference really.

the early 288s did come without decomp, and some had their P&C's made by KS which have a different number to the mahle. here is a picture of a KS piston (left) and mahle piston (right) both are oem

^LOL, I got a 288xp Lite its a '98. Piston and cylinder are scored up a bit bout 130lbs compression pullin a 24in full comp in oak it will run with my buddy's brand new 660 stihl. I'm gonna throw a top end in it soon, and send my old jug out to Kustom Kraft to get it bored to fit a 395xp piston :) I love these saws, definately a favorite of mine.

Can Kustom Kraft bore, plate or sleeve a one-piece jug?

Latest posts

Back