3120 with alaskan for sale locally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I be very careful in buying a 2100... or 2101... Can you even get new P&C? and wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred for a real nice one..

I be very careful in buying a 2100... or 2101... Can you even get new P&C? and wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred for a real nice one..

Agreed, I got offered a 2100 a few weeks ago, but it needed some work, didn't know what was wrong with it. And I thought the same thing, so I passed on it.

A good running 2100 will easily get $400 on ebay. That saw has a cult following. You should buy it for $300

Yes I know. They awesome saws, just getting old, wouldn't want to rely on a 2100. Would be very cool to have. A friend of a friend had a 2101, I've never seen it cut, but my friend had, he said he's never seen a saw cut wood like that before.

Some peoples children !

Ok, looked at the saw today. And well, it wasn't a 3120 it was a old 2100, and it wasn't a alaskan mill, it was a holme built POS that looked as it it wieghed 100lbs, was made of some serious steel. It was heavy. The guy said when I told him it wasn't a 3120, " I looked it up and it was the same as a 3120" DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU geeze, what are people thinking. It looked in good shape for a old saw. He said he would sell for $400, but I'm not interested. DAAYYYAAAMMMM dumb people.

A little off topic but it reminded me of a friend who drove 300 miles to Vancouver to buy this mint looking pickup he saw in the buy and sell . He had phoned and the owner assured him it was a nice well kept truck .Well , he arrived in Vancouver to discover a senior citizen was selling it and had used a picture of the truck when it was practically new to advertise it . The truck was now a pos and the interior was thrashed from hauling the family dog around . Boy , was he ever pissed .:deadhorse: I guess you can never ask enough questions .

Back