346 husky 28in bar Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be my only concern too. I have had a 32" bar on a stock 029 before with 50% of the cutters removed and it "just" had enough oil surprisingly.

You have to use the oil pump from a 359 or a 357, they are a direct bolt on. I used the 357 pump on my 346 with a ported 357 cylinder on it.

Later
Dan

346 has the same oiler as 357/359, so robust anyways.

No the pumps are different between the 346 and the 357,359. The pump housing is the same but the pump piston is different. You can use the 357 piston in the 346 for more flow or just use the complete pump.

Later
Dan

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7y6c4z9wdKU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7y6c4z9wdKU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here it is

Man,,that was painfull to watch... :(

You have to use the oil pump from a 359 or a 357, they are a direct bolt on. I used the 357 pump on my 346 with a ported 357 cylinder on it.
Later
Dan

Could you clarify that please ?
sounds like you put a 357 jug on a 346 bottom end ??
can you do that ??

Search around on youtube, there's a video from a guy who posts as hotsaws101, dumping a 48" fir with a 346 running a 28" bar. - Sam

Book isn't know for his intelligence.:D A built 260 would have been better, if we are using a 50cc saw to pull a 28" b&c.:laugh: Not that I condone such behavior.:biggrinbounce2:

Hey dorian when you really start running saws let me know. AHHHHHHHH I picked it up so I know its better. LMAO

Hey dorian when you really start running saws let me know. AHHHHHHHH I picked it up so I know its better. LMAO

I'm not one to punish a 50cc saw with a 28" b&c, give that poor 346 a rest before the case gives.:dizzy: How many springs has that saw been through?

However, I know a 260 can be built to pull more. Just don't know why anyone would want to.:laugh:

Could you clarify that please ?
sounds like you put a 357 jug on a 346 bottom end ??
can you do that ??

My 346 is about 53cc. I grafted a 357 cylinder on the saw. I built that one before they had the NE version. It will out cut the 346NE that I port but not by a lot. It was a lot of work to build that one and make it look factory. It was hard to get the top cover on but I did manage it. I doubt that I would do it again. I probably have 16 hours of machine work to the case, flywheel and cylinder just to bolt it on the case. Well maybe not that many hours in the machine work itself most of that time was setting thing up in the mill and a lot of measuring and thinking. I used the 357 muffler but I had to cut an inch out of the center and weld it back together. The muffler now bolt to the front of the case just like the 346 muffler. It looks factory. Everything fits under the original top cover. The hard part was finding a piston to use with the 357 bore and the small wrist pin of the 346.
Later
Dan

My 346 is about 53cc. I grafted a 357 cylinder on the saw. I built that one before they had the NE version. It will out cut the 346NE that I port but not by a lot. It was a lot of work to build that one and make it look factory. It was hard to get the top cover on but I did manage it. I doubt that I would do it again. I probably have 16 hours of machine work to the case, flywheel and cylinder just to bolt it on the case. Well maybe not that many hours in the machine work itself most of that time was setting thing up in the mill and a lot of measuring and thinking. I used the 357 muffler but I had to cut an inch out of the center and weld it back together. The muffler now bolt to the front of the case just like the 346 muffler. It looks factory. Everything fits under the original top cover. The hard part was finding a piston to use with the 357 bore and the small wrist pin of the 346.
Later
Dan

Dang, long time no see. You back in the game??:jawdrop:

I'm not one to punish a 50cc saw with a 28" b&c, give that poor 346 a rest before the case gives.:dizzy: How many springs has that saw been through?

However, I know a 260 can be built to pull more. Just don't know why anyone would want to.:laugh:

You do understand the saw wasn't built to cut 28 to 30 inch doug fir don't you. Do you know what the saw was built for. I will give you a hint it has to do with working in the woods. If you can't understand its okay dorian.

You do understand the saw wasn't built to cut 28 to 30 inch doug fir don't you. Do you know what the saw was built for. I will give you a hint it has to do with working in the woods. If you can't understand its okay dorian.

Who is looking like Dorian in here now??? LOLOL

Micro Howler

I believe this is the one a few of you were looking for.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wdZ3Xm-46cQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wdZ3Xm-46cQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back