346 seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The larger seal is the one in the bearing. It looks big on the IPL for all saws using that style seal.

The larger seal is the one in the bearing. It looks big on the IPL for all saws using that style seal.
everytime I order bearings and seals they send me a sealed bearing and one that is not and two seals. One seal for flywheel and the other that evidently goes no where. Thanks for your help.

If you bought husky bearings they should be SKF and one should be open while the other only having the seal on the outside already installed. If you are getting bearings with 2 rubber seals they are likely not OEM. PTO side is proprietary so dealer only. I would not chance running a regular bearing with a standard rubber seal for the PTO. The seals are much different to the OEM one.

If you bought husky bearings they should be SKF and one should be open while the other only having the seal on the outside already installed. If you are getting bearings with 2 rubber seals they are likely not OEM. PTO side is proprietary so dealer only. I would not chance running a regular bearing with a standard rubber seal for the PTO. The seals are much different to the OEM one.
IMG_0005.JPG

isnt the larger seal already installed in the bearing when you get it?

Yes, in that pic he has a bearing with a seal already installed and another seal. Probably ordered bearings and seals not knowing the PTO bearing comes with the seal.

I just found this out yesterday also. I've done a bunch of 346-350 hybrids, but have had trouble finding un-destroyed 346 bottoms. Proprietary bearings suck...

Back