346XP NE just arrived and it's a non-cat!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The new 346XP 50cc just arrived and I was very pleased to see that it's a non-e-tech.....no green caps, no cat muffler.
dry weight out of the box w/ no bar/chain is 11.5 pounds on my digital bathroom scale (which reads to the half pound).
If I'm lucky I'll have enough light left at the end of the day to gas it up and put it to some wood:chainsaw:

Great Saw!!!

Wildbio-

Congratulations on the NEW EDITION 346XP

The one I got is a E-tech version but I don't really care. (they shipped my dealer all e-techs) I'll run it as-is for the warranty period then maybe change out the muffler. Maybe I'll be the "Control Group" saw for everyone that's getting 346's and swapping mufflers or got the non E-tech versions and we all can compare performance notes!

Post some pics if you get a chance.

Al :cheers:

Wildbio-

Congratulations on the NEW EDITION 346XP

The one I got is a E-tech version but I don't really care.

Post some pics if you get a chance.

Al :cheers:

I was expecting it to be an E-tech....I guess it's been hit or miss via web-order.
I think I would have been fine with the power on a cat version but it's the added heat factor I wanted to avoid. Be sure to let us know how hot your cat version is getting and if that little bit of reflective aluminum tape is keeping anything from melting.
The wife is out with the camera right now - I'll post some pics when I have a chance.

Cool!! I think I ordered from the same place so that means mine should be the same. Mine is not due in until the 3rd.

Cool!! I think I ordered from the same place so that means mine should be the same. Mine is not due in until the 3rd.
The sales rep told me it would be an e-tech so it was a pleasant surprise when it turned out not to be....... I really didn't want to have to spend $38 :jawdrop: plus shipping on the non-cat muffler.
I think there are less expensive car mufflers out there!
I first saw that it didn't have the green caps, then checked for the e-tech sticker, and then took the muffler off just to be sure.
The muffler has the most recent part number (as on Bailey's site) and is empty inside.

wildbio,
I will be happy either way. I already ordered a muffler with some other stuff I needed so I either have a non-cat to replace the cat muffler or an extra to play with porting it.

Hope you get a chance soon to try her out.
Don

Back