357xp vs 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to hijack the treat, but am I correct in thinking that higher compression means more torque? In other words you can lean on it more? Never really heard a straight answer! By the way, has been a great thread. Looks like a nice saw! Has anybody run one stock against a 262?

I understand it is more complicated than that, as the mean pressure under the piston is a more important factor. A too high static compression in the compression chamber can be counterproductive.

I see now it's the decompression valve blurred

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

what different ways are there to plug the auto decomp. I assume on the top you screw in a manual decomp. what about the bottom?

what different ways are there to plug the auto decomp. I assume on the top you screw in a manual decomp. what about the bottom?

I like to remove the nipple to use a Stihl screw with the locking teeth under the head. I'll cut the screw to self tap the hole, then I cut the screw to match the inside on the transfer tunnel to it doesn't stick out or leave a hole for carbon to build. A little jb weld and it's permanent. I take the jug off to do it.

I just clean the nipple real good and mash some JB putty over it and inside. Fills it in nice and no way it can come out. Did that to both the last 357's I had. Did both with the jug off.

I just clean the nipple real good and mash some JB putty over it and inside. Fills it in nice and no way it can come out. Did that to both the last 357's I had. Did both with the jug off.
The jb you're using doesn't reinforce the nipple which is only pressed in place, and the nipple comes out pretty easy with a twist or a good bump on the right spot. I'm sure some come out easier than others.

The jb you're using doesn't reinforce the nipple which is only pressed in place, and the nipple comes out pretty easy with a twist or a good bump on the right spot. I'm sure some come out easier than others.

well, if they don't come out with the auto decomp connected it is very likely they ain't gonna come out with it disconnected as there is nothing about the decomp holding it in there.

So looking into the 357 muffler I see a bump out on the middle baffle coming from the front and pretty much center top? I was going to drill a hole on the outside right corner and through this indent and install a tube like the am mufflers? You guys think this is a good idea?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back