357xp vs 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just sat here and read this thread start to finish, I have to say thanks to everyone all have amazing info on saws and I'm always learning from people on here. This is a great thread. I'm about to remove a base gasket on my saw after my duel port exhaust arrives I'm wanting to know really how much the port timing will change. And if so is lowing the port good or bad for timing. I understand it will effective intake and exhaust times

I've just sat here and read this thread start to finish, I have to say thanks to everyone all have amazing info on saws and I'm always learning from people on here. This is a great thread. I'm about to remove a base gasket on my saw after my duel port exhaust arrives I'm wanting to know really how much the port timing will change. And if so is lowing the port good or bad for timing. I understand it will effective intake and exhaust times
The timing wont change enough to matter. Most cases the small change is good, especially lowering the exhaust port.

I just did the delete and the entire process is fairly simple. Just make sure you properly torque everything because you certainly don't want to strip or snap a screw. I'm curious about your dual port muffler...did you buy it or is someone modding your oem.

I just did the delete and the entire process is fairly simple. Just make sure you properly torque everything because you certainly don't want to break strip or snap a screw. I'm curious about your dual port muffler...did you buy it or is someone modding your oem.

I'm a mechanic by trade light automotive and the work shop I did my apprenticeship at was a husqvarna dealer too. Just starting out from the start of this year as an arborist. So know my way around a saw well. The exhaust It's aftermarket and from eBay mate. I can post a link if you would like

I'm a mechanic by trade light automotive and the work shop I did my apprenticeship at was a husqvarna dealer too. Just starting out from the start of this year as an arborist. So know my way around a saw well. The exhaust It's aftermarket and from eBay mate. I can post a link if you would like
Yes post a link that'd be great I'm sure others are interested. Also what saw do you have?

Yes post a link that'd be great I'm sure others are interested. Also what saw do you have?

http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/252037150595
That's the link mate. It's only for a little project saw nothing special gl4500-m I've seen more out there, could be wrong but I think you can find them for more common saws List of chainsaws I own

Back