357xp vs. 562xp Autotune???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 262xp and thought it was the best 60cc saw ever made. My 262xp will out run my dad's MS362 which is still practically new. However, one of my buddies recently purchased 562xp and that thing is beyond bada**. It is hard to explain how that thing cuts but when you use it you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I have a 262xp and thought it was the best 60cc saw ever made. My 262xp will out run my dad's MS362 which is still practically new. However, one of my buddies recently purchased 562xp and that thing is beyond bada**. It is hard to explain how that thing cuts but when you use it you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

true,true. Rep for ya :msp_biggrin:

I have both and love the 357xp.

But the 562xp is smoother, more power and the most impressive stock saw I've ever run!

I thought the same thing about my 562XP. However, missed meeting you in Jasper, you could have run a Stumpified 562 and it was sweet.

The 560xp/562xp is the replacement that the 362xp and 357xp failed to be, for the 262xp! :msp_wink:

I thought the same thing about my 562XP. However, missed meeting you in Jasper, you could have run a Stumpified 562 and it was sweet.

I hated missing the gtg down there, just had some unexpected stuff come up. Will not miss the next one ! I'll also try and get down to Stump's next time he finishes a 562 for a text drive. :msp_biggrin:

The 560xp/562xp is the replacement that the 362xp and 357xp failed to be, for the 262xp! :msp_wink:

Niko, I have been meaning to ask you a question about your own saws, but keep forgeting- just wondering.... Do you run your saws stock, muffler modded, or ported?

I hear that the 562 autotune is an excellent saw, handles nice and runs strong. How they last is not known yet, but likely pretty good. Here in Canada they are closing out the Jonsered 2159 or similar number, but it IS the Husky 357, new with heated handles is $550, very good deal, and the 562 here is going for over $900.

Dave.

Don't let the Canada price scare you. At a Missouri Husky dealer I paid 700 even for a brand new 562xp ordered in, and I had just met the guy. I told him I was a stihl customer, maybe he wanted to win my business, and with saws like the 562 husky definetly opened my eyes.

Don't let the Canada price scare you. At a Missouri Husky dealer I paid 700 even for a brand new 562xp ordered in, and I had just met the guy. I told him I was a stihl customer, maybe he wanted to win my business, and with saws like the 562 husky definetly opened my eyes.

$739 here, but I paid much less. :msp_smile:

Btw, what I don't like about the looks of that one, and other newer Jonsered saws, is the design of the starter covers - it just looks misplaced on those saws....:msp_sneaky:

I have a 562XP Woods Ported with .025 pop up and a MM, this saw is the best that i have ever run, I have a 20In bar and run Stihl RSC chain, So If I were you that is what I would go with, Smooth and powerful.

Last edited:
I've spent the last few days with the ported 357xp, working up some large white oaks for the sawmill and firewood. Not much love here for this saw, but dang it's a nice runnin saw. Can't say anything bad about it.

357 is larger than a 346, but about the same size as the other top 50cc saws and it'll smoke a 50cc! I'd buy another if the right deal came along.

That said, I still like the 562 better. Has more power (stock) and is super smooth! :msp_biggrin:

I've spent the last few days with the ported 357xp, working up some large white oaks for the sawmill and firewood. Not much love here for this saw, but dang it's a nice runnin saw. Can't say anything bad about it.

357 is larger than a 346, but about the same size as the other top 50cc saws and it'll smoke a 50cc! I'd buy another if the right deal came along.

That said, I still like the 562 better. Has more power (stock) and is super smooth! :msp_biggrin:

Fish- sat. Morning cut dozen ash 8-10 ,eab, using 562 ,broke a clutch spring,drove to shop grabbed first saw 266se ,went back to cutting,WOW, what a differance from 562 I have forgotten how much inprovement the 562xp really is. Limbed the tops ,headed back to shop get truck fly to dealer for clutch springs ,bought extra this time,and remembered to mark replaced spring. This was second spring in two wks. Maybe 6- 10 face cord .sure do like 562 -DDale-

I have been thinking of adding another saw to my stable. Winter is coming and I sold my 357 that had a heated handle bar.

Wasn't sure what to get, but years ago I owned a 266 and thought it was a powerful saw. If a 562 will kick a 266's butt I might have to go that route. Heated handle bar of course.

562 vs 266

I have been thinking of adding another saw to my stable. Winter is coming and I sold my 357 that had a heated handle bar.

Wasn't sure what to get, but years ago I owned a 266 and thought it was a powerful saw. If a 562 will kick a 266's butt I might have to go that route. Heated handle bar of course.

Jet- when I first got 562 last dec. ,my son said it would out cut my 266 ,we had a show down that sat.with matching bars and new chains the 562 won every time,no matter who ran it.it cost me dinner!--DDale--

Latest posts

Back