357xp vs 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK so has anyone here actually had the chance to run them side by side yet? They are pretty much the same weight but the 562 is like .2 more hp on paper right? Just curious on if you can really tell the diff..

I really love my 357xp and it ain't going anywhere! :D

But I will likely get a 562 at some point. Looks like a great saw!

The 562 will toast a 357, is noticeably lighter and much better balanced. It's worth the wait.

Thats a bold statement right there! Now I want a 562! Out of all the saws I have I like the 357 the best fast and powerful.

I really love my 357xp and it ain't going anywhere! :D

+1!!!! I love my 357 too... even thinking of getting another one as a back up saw!! Although i would love to buy a new 562, i cannot justify it when i could get a 357 for half the price or less! I could get two... hmmmm... two saws... ;)

+1!!!! I love my 357 too... even thinking of getting another one as a back up saw!! Although i would love to buy a new 562, i cannot justify it when i could get a 357 for half the price or less! I could get two... hmmmm... two saws... ;)

I cut enough wood to justify buying a new 562, but the 357 is doing a fine job!
Is very strong, smooth, runs great and has that zippy throttle response like the 346.

Funny thing is, the old 346xp does all I've ever needed and is still the one that
does 80% of the work around here. :hmm3grin2orange:

It's the money that i can't justify. I get enough wood, but my 346 and 357 handle it admirably, especially now the 346 seems to be performing a tiny bit better. If the 562 proves itself to be a winner, then i may get a second hand one in a few years.

Well I hope its as good as you say... I was thinking it would be more like the ms361 vs ms362.. I know I prefer the older 361... I have some time left so no big hurry I will just wait a bit before I make my decision.

Well I hope its as good as you say... I was thinking it would be more like the ms361 vs ms362.. I know I prefer the older 361... I have some time left so no big hurry I will just wait a bit before I make my decision.

Yep, wait for the 562xp, it'll be well worth it.

Anymore thoughts on this debate? A 357 is the only modern xp I haven't owned, looking at getting one

I have a 359 and a 562. The 359 was ported by me and would keep a stock 562 honest in a cut. The balance and feel of the 562 is vastly preferable to me, others have reported the opposite. The 562 is certainly lighter - the 555/560 even lighter again.
When I had my 562 ported by Terry landrum it was in a different league. So much so that I don't feel any need for a 70cc saw, if I need bigger then I need my ported 385.
My opinion - the 357/359 is a great saw at the price they come up second hand and professionally ported ones are pretty special. The 562 is worth every penny if you do long days on a saw running a 20" bar.

Really like my 357. I did run it and the monkeyed 562 @ the GTG, but that's not a fair fight!! I now need to get the 357 the dozer treatment. :rock:

The 562 was smooth as butter.
graphics-butter-436258.gif

Back