372 guys- is this a stock muffler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a copy of a European muffler, but looks like my home made version for my 359.It has two ports? top and the short pipe? if two I would think it is a copy. wait and see when the Scandinavians reply to this post! I think the Europe version has the short pipe and no top exit or screen. but not sure were is the Troll when you need him!

Last edited:
Last edited:
It has already been dual-ported.

From the ad: "HERE,S A NEW 365 371 372 PORTED MUFFLER FOR HUSQVARNA CHAIN SAWS"

The standard (American) muffler for the 372 has the port on the top only.

Last edited:
It looks like the European version of the muffler and it is not the best muffler to port, they got allot of junk inside them ,,,,, I have one of them and it's brand new, I never used it before I changed to a ported US.muffler :)

his ad last month for the same item stated stock 372 muffler. showed same picture, I asked him if it had top port he said yes.

the problem is that the pipe does not look big enough to be a port job. It looks like a stock pipe exiting out the side. Looks really close to a european muffler, which the reason for the question.

Thanks SweKipp - thats what I was looking for.

Last edited:
his ad last month for the same item stated stock 372 muffler. showed same picture, I asked him if it had top port he said yes.

the problem is that the pipe does not look big enough to be a port job. It looks like a stock pipe exiting out the side. Looks really close to a european muffler, which the reason for the question.

In that case, yes, he looks like he's probably a scammer. Tell him to send a picture of the muffler from the top angle where BOTH ports are visible.

Husky has never, to my knowledge, offered an OEM dual port.

In that case, yes, he looks like he's probably a scammer. Tell him to send a picture of the muffler from the top angle where BOTH ports are visible.

Husky has never, to my knowledge, offered an OEM dual port.
Good point, my pipe I welded in has 1/2 inside die plus the top port in a gutted muffler.Loks the same but bigger pipe both with a screen don't want to start a fire plus that suck back thing:monkey:

Does Husqvarna not have part numbers on the muffler itself, it looks alot like the exhaust port on my 181se, but I would like to know also like many others, if it really has a top port!

muffler numbers

husqvarna does have part numbers on top of the mufflers 503 91 75 04 is #for 357xp/359 non epa version,503 91 75 01 is the epa1/epa2 model.

It looks to me that Kipp is right - std Euro muffler....:)

as per SawTroll it's the tube-style EU muffler 503 76 53-01
convert

Back