372's just about gone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Husky is now out of stock on the 372, as we've all known it. Whatever inventory that is in the field is it. The projected date for more "372's" is not until late April, and they will be the X-torq version. It may or may not be a good saw, but all of us purists will have a hard time embracing it no matter what.

I was watching the 372 inventory go down this week and I helped it along by ordering a bunch more myself. :) The build date on them was the 49th week of 2009, so that's indeed going to be the last of the non-strato original.

So, if anyone has been wanting to get one before they are gone, you should make a move before the field inventory is depleted.

I also ordered a few 372XPW's, and they are supposed to ship in two weeks, so I think they will be the last of those originals as well. To my knowledge, there will be no X-torq version of that saw ie: a different displacement. But there will probably be a "W" model sharing the same cylinder. Come to think of it, I really don't know what the actual displacement of the 372 X-Torq will be. 71? 72? 75?.........80?? LOL :givebeer:

A similar fate awaits the 2171, but I suspect that Tiltons inventory will last a bit longer. What I do not know is whether there will be a 2171 Strato, or a Jonsered version of the 576XP. (2276 with auto-tune would be my pick)

nanuk

nanuk

ArboristSite Guru
My Dealers Have a Few...

but at $1000 apop... I think I'll wait until they need to move them out for the new ones!

I've always wondered why saws are so expensive up here, and worse in other parts of the world... When we have NAFTA, I can buy one from the south with no duty.

And why don't the EU guys import them themselves and pay duty? still gotta be cheaper!

Urbicide

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Well, I hope the X-torq version is a good saw. I wonder how many threads will be started where someone is looking for a 372XP? Remember when Stihl finally quit production on the MS-440 and went exclusively to the MS-441? It's no secret & there has been plenty of warning.

Spike, how well are the inventories of the NE 346XP, 390XP, & 395XP holding out?

Erick

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, I hope the X-torq version is a good saw. I wonder how many threads will be started where someone is looking for a 372XP? Remember when Stihl finally quit production on the MS-440 and went exclusively to the MS-441? It's no secret & there has been plenty of warning.

Spike, how well are the inventories of the NE 346XP, 390XP, & 395XP holding out?

Now ya'll know how I felt when the 440 ceased.:cry::cry::cry:

RIP 440 and 372.:chainsaw:

:laugh: I still know where there’s a Brand spanking new MS440 never had gas or oil in it other than what Stihl tested with at the factory, it's gonna cost you though..... although still cheaper than a 460 and on par with the 441 so I guess not to out of line. :cheers:

WoodChuck'r
Hmm... :D

With the 441 being so frikkin' insane once it's ported, I wonder if the 372 strato will react the same way. This will be really interesting to see. I wonder if both saws will respond damn near the same with being ported.

Imagine two ported 70cc strato saws beating a non 90cc strato.....

Wow the possibilities! :clap: :chainsaw:

:greenchainsaw:

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
:laugh: I still know where there’s a Brand spanking new MS440 never had gas or oil in it other than what Stihl tested with at the factory, it's gonna cost you though..... although still cheaper than a 460 and on par with the 441 so I guess not to out of line. :cheers:

I can go get another NIB one for $650, about 1 hour away. It's been finger banged a lot but still on the shelf. 2 NIB 440s, that should bring a pretty penny in about 20 years.:dizzy:

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was hoping to put off getting another until summer. Time may be up. Guess I know where I'm going this week. Wife is gonna flip. Oh well, I can cover most of the cost right now.

The real question is whether to add it to the fleet, or leave it boxed in the basement for a while.

I am intrigued with the 576at and the future 372x-torq. Maybe I should wait and have all 3??? Always time for those, I suppose...

Urbicide

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The real question is whether to add it to the fleet, or leave it boxed in the basement for a while.
Is your basement dry? You can always take it out of the box if you want, but then you can never say it has never been out of the box anymore. There is a small flap door in the top of the box through which you can peek inside and admire your 372 without actually opening the box up.

I am intrigued with the 576at and the future 372x-torq. Maybe I should wait and have all 3??? Always time for those, I suppose...

Now, if you could find all 3 models with identical or consecutive serial numbers.......:greenchainsaw:

holshot14

holshot14

ArboristSite Operative
I was hoping to put off getting another until summer. Time may be up. Guess I know where I'm going this week. Wife is gonna flip. Oh well, I can cover most of the cost right now.

LOL, yea I had to come up with a story for the wife so she didnt flip!!

eyolf

eyolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was talking to a timber harvest professional last sunday. He runs a shear most days, drives truck and works landing if he has to. He carries an 440 on the harvester, but goes for days without starting it. If he gets stuck with a side hill or soft spot and cant safely get to a few trees, that old Stihl will come out.

His slasher has broken down a couple of times and someone will usually buck with a saw while someone else deals with that. Again, the 440, and his dad's saws (I don't know what the dad likes) come out of hiding.

He likes the 440...seems to live a charmed life, hasn't ever fallen off the equipment and been run over, which is the most common demise anymore.

I asked him once if it bothered him about the change to newer strato saws. He wondered why anyone would care, as long as the saw starts and runs.