372xp - getting weak, send help !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handlebar angle.......:laugh:

...and .1 hp more, if you believe that........ :laugh:

The handlebar is different yes ;)

But what concers power, it think it's the other way around. Look at DLG test reports. Same max power. But the J-red has slightly higher max torque. And that at 300 rpms lower. Also from field reports I've heard from a professional logger nearby who consumes maybe 2 of these saws per year, he has never gotten out so much power from a 372 as from a 2171. The Jonny cools the engine better and seems to get more air into the filter also. The Husky has tighter covers. Negligable differences though. The 372 has better anti-vibe according to the same test report. And no tools needed to clean air filter. But who needs to clean the air filters on these saws? They're not Stihls ;)

:ices_rofl:

They are both advertised as 3.9kw, but the hp numberes are 5.4 for the Husky and 5.3 for the Jred......

....it is possible, but I believe the variations from saw to saw are more than whatever tiny .0x kW differense they refer to.

KWF/DLG confirmed 3.9kW for both, and didn't say anything about the hp.....

Bottom line, I think it is just marketing, as is the differense between the 359 and 2159 (both are 2.9kW according to the test reports).

:D :D :D :D

This is from Huskys website. 372/2171 slaughtering the battlefield.
Stihl won once when it had nothing to do with cutting, changing chain ;)
Ýou have aquired a world champion saw.

HUSQVARNA DOMINATES THE WORLD LOGGING CHAMPIONSHIPS
It was an enormous success for Swedish chainsaws at the World Logging Championships in Otepää, Estonia this weekend. World champion, Italian Johann Raffl and winner of four out of five events, used chainsaws from Husqvarna and sister brand Jonsered.

Prior to the concluding limbing final, it was unbearably exciting when the World Logging Championships in Estonia were brought to a close this Saturday. Dutchman Hugo van Bijsterveldt led the competition, closely followed by his countryman John van Kampen and Italian Johan Raffl.

The final event, limbing, was to change the podium placements. The participants had to, in the shortest possible time, saw 30 branches, each with a diameter of 30 millimetres. Errors changed the points table radically and the overall winner was instead Johan Raffl, with his Husqvarna 372XP leading by 11 points, ahead of second place Andres Olesk from Estonia, using a Jonsered 2171.
“Just like in previous competitions, the final was exciting and decisive. The placements changed radically during the final event. Nerves may have gotten to some of the participants. Others take a chance and possibly fail,” said Anders Kragner who has worked with the competition’s organisation at Husqvarna for just over ten years and who is extremely happy with Husqvarna’s success at the championships in Otepää, Estonia.
In the senior class, 17 of 21 possible medals were won using either a Husqvarna or a Jonsered chainsaw. In the junior class, nine of a total of 18 medals were won using Husqvarna or Jonsered chainsaws. The junior class was won by Patrick Walser from Lichtenstein, followed by Estonian Mik Hansen, using a Jonsered 2171.

The World Logging Championships took place for the first time in 1970 simultaneously in Hungary and Yugoslavia. The competition is held every other year and the next World Logging Championships, in 2008, will be held in Belgium.

All winners:
Overall winner: Johann Raffl, Italy – Husqvarna 372XP

Events:
Tree felling: Gottfried Schädlich, Germany – Husqvarna 372XP
Fitting another chain: Gerhard Briechle, Germany – Stihl MS 460
Bucking by combined cut: Ilya Shvetsov, Russia – Husqvarna 372XP
Precision cut: Ole Kjaer, Denmark – Jonsered 2071
Limbing: Vadim Imankulov, Russia – Husqvarna 372XP

That is the competition that made Jonsered rename the 670 Super the 670 Champ, close to 20 years ago...........:biggrinbounce2:

That saw was also made by Husky, btw.

I've been hanging around As for quite a while. It's a great site and I have learnt untold. In fact I spend an unhealthy amount of time here. Anyroad, after seeing the post from Peter399, I could not resist posting the pics below. I don't know if anybody has seen these already but I'm going to post them anyway. I apologize if its old hat.

View attachment 48458
View attachment 48459

pics

I've been hanging around As for quite a while. It's a great site and I have learnt untold. In fact I spend an unhealthy amount of time here. Anyroad, after seeing the post from Peter399, I could not resist posting the pics below. I don't know if anybody has seen these already but I'm going to post them anyway. I apologize if its old hat.

View attachment 48458
View attachment 48459

Nice pics, nice saw, good post! And welcome to AS!:clap: :hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2: :greenchainsaw:

That is Great!!!

Let me put'em out here on display for all the Stihl guys....:laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

View attachment 48458
View attachment 48459

Welcome to AS! That was a Fine first post!!!!!

View attachment 48458
View attachment 48459

Oh No, not another husky fan :laugh: :laugh: :help:

welcome to AS !

PS. I have seen that 372xp version also at my local husky dealer. Nice saw !

View attachment 48458
View attachment 48459

Wonder why they didn't do that before, as winning the WC with that saw is nothing new........:biggrinbounce2: :cheers:

670 Champ, revisted - that one was also made by Husky, btw.....

O.K., how do I get the "World Champion" blue signet and 372 side label for my 372? Got to have that as I cut next to the Stihl guys!;)

Fantastic picture, the blue color felts very well to the orange of husqvarna.:hmm3grin2orange: I would like to have a sticker of those for my 346 xp, where it’ll say“smaller sister of the world champion”:greenchainsaw:

PS: We agreed in mark of chainsaw ,it’s a pity that in photography I am of Nikon and you’re of Canon. :sword:

Fantastic picture, the blue color felts very well to the orange of husqvarna.:hmm3grin2orange: I would like to have a sticker of those for my 346 xp, where it’ll say“smaller sister of the world champion”:greenchainsaw:

PS: We agreed in mark of chainsaw ,it’s a pity that in photography I am of Nikon and you’re of Canon. :sword:
attachment.php

...and me.....:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

Don't need any sticker for my saw. The 372 speaks for itself as its chewin' on wood.

Edit: ST: Your rep put me at 372 pts. I guess this is the age of Husky, when LGX aligns with bars.

Last edited:
Does anybody know who the saw ran against and how the other brands/models placed? I'm curious if the 7900 was in the competition and how they fared. So much has been written comparing the 7900 and the 372, curious if they competed and how they did in various events.

Also, do we know what level of modification was permitted?

Latest posts

Back