372xp which bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klayton

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
wanting to get a new bar for my 372. the other day the nose of the bar split open and the chain got hung in it. so what 20'' bar goes well on the 372. i already have a 24'' so..... I guess what i am asking is should i try to get some sort of aftermarket pro bar or is a husqvarna 20'' bar from lowes good enough?

If 20" is what you want, you have lots of options. I doubt I would buy one from Lowes because I think you can get more bar for less money. Even Stihl 3003 bars can be run if you have an adapter (available from site sponsors)

If you had a nose sprocket failure, make sure your oiler is working properly so you don't mess up a new bar. Did it get pinched? That often leads to tip failures.

the oiler was working. thats the one of the things i had checked before i cut. the bar is only like 11 years old

My father in law had a woodland pro on his 266 for years. Fantastic bars, one of the best. Another great bar is the sugi-hara? or something like that lol. Supposedly the stihl bars are really good as well but I can't bring myself to put something with a stihl logo on my nice husqvarna. Might taint it lol

lf l was you l'd talk (PM) Randy/Henry from the Weedeaterman. They are site sponsers and have all the best stuff, Sugihara, Total (Tsumara) and the best prices and old school service that we all like. Whatever your decision, try AS sponsers FIRST! l'm sure you will be well looked after. lt will save you time and $$$ cutting through the B/S and getting exactly what you need.

If it took 11 years to wreck the first bar, probably any brand will give good results. I've used the woodland bars but not the Forester although I haven't heard anything bad about the Forester bars from those that have used them. Husqvarna bars have typically been made by Oregon which is sort of the standard in bars with some being better and worse. I think the top performing bars would be Stihl, Sugihara, Tsumara, Total. Those may not be the very best but all of those are good. I have also had good performance out of the Australian made GB brand. The only "bad" bars I have seen seem to be mounted on some of the throw away Poulans, McCullochs and Homelites. Not sure who makes them but they don't wear well at all. Just buy a bar, use a couple years and then report back with your findings.

Terry Landrum was also running a clearance on bars a while back. I bought a few from him but haven't tried any of them. I also have two new Arbor Max bars but haven't mounted them yet either. I guess I need to buy some more chainsaws...

If 20" is what you want, you have lots of options. I doubt I would buy one from Lowes because I think you can get more bar for less money. Even Stihl 3003 bars can be run if you have an adapter (available from site sponsors)
You have to drill out the adjuster holes in the bar and lengthen the slot to get enough adjustment to fit the stihl bars and run the adapter from Homelite410. It's not just a bolt on with the adapter.;)image.jpg

Total super bar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back