372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the good comments. Now just to see if she runs any good.

Got er done, and running. Had a little mishap, tank vent was missing, I never checked it, gas all over the bench.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q9UM12PLVu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Well the darn oiler certainly works well in this saw! Slings the oil off like crazy, in the vid you can see it flying off the end of the bar.

Oh, tested comp after running for a couple minutes, its at 160psi. Oh, its running pig rich right now, highest I saw was 13,500 rpm, will run it like that for a couple tanks then lean out a bit.

One more quick vid.

Tomorrow should be test day!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8koFbePN98M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

honestly will i thought with that pipe it would be louder than it is. i think mine is louder than yours but it has one f d up looking muff mod. you cant run it without ear protection.im going to get a different muffler and put on it soon. id be really happy if it sounded like yours instead of a kx250 with no silencer lol

And the 372 in particular. Like I've said before, it's the Mustang of chainsaws. Nothing sounds like a Mustang, and I'm a GM guy, lol.

LOL yup! I've always thought Ford V8's sounded best for America muscle. Import V8's, now there is a different story all together, some of them sound amazing!

honestly will i thought with that pipe it would be louder than it is. i think mine is louder than yours but it has one f d up looking muff mod. you cant run it without ear protection.im going to get a different muffler and put on it soon. id be really happy if it sounded like yours instead of a kx250 with no silencer lol

Me too! I was quite surprised actually, I think it sounds about right.

And the 372 in particular. Like I've said before, it's the Mustang of chainsaws. Nothing sounds like a Mustang, and I'm a GM guy, lol.

LOL...

Ever hear a Mustang with flowmasters? (or any chambered muffler, really) How about one with a 350 in it? :laugh:

I agree, you can hear a Mustang with exhaust from a mile away..

here's some food for thought though... have you been fooled by a LS1-powered car before THINKING it was a mustang/ford??? Same firing order when they designed the motor, and similar port setups :rock::msp_thumbup: hmmm...

LOL yup! I've always thought Ford V8's sounded best for America muscle. Import V8's, now there is a different story all together, some of them sound amazing!

like a BMW M5?? :clap:

ever hear a Viper?? BARF!!

Me too! I was quite surprised actually, I think it sounds about right.

I was gonna do a pipe WITH the factory outlet... maybe i'll just get the Euro-spec and put a bigger pipe in it! :cheers:

J

LOL...

Ever hear a Mustang with flowmasters? (or any chambered muffler, really) How about one with a 350 in it? :laugh:

I agree, you can hear a Mustang with exhaust from a mile away..

here's some food for thought though... have you been fooled by a LS1-powered car before THINKING it was a mustang/ford??? Same firing order when they designed the motor, and similar port setups :rock::msp_thumbup: hmmm...

I was gonna do a pipe WITH the factory outlet... maybe i'll just get the Euro-spec and put a bigger pipe in it! :cheers:

J

Yep, used to have a 5.0L mustang with 2chamber flow's on it, and off road H-pipe.

It sounds good, still pig rich though, which is fine for now.

Those quad transfer cylinders sound like an old Hodaka 125 dirt bike, very cool.

Yep! Its rich, I could safely lean it out a bit more now I'm sure, and I might, just did a quick tune for the vid, only ran it a couple short heat cycles.

Latest posts

Back