372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice Will you do some very nice build,s.Thank,s for shareing

Mike

Thanks!

Your welcome.

Nice timing on catching that saw on that second video. Had me in suspence if it was gonna fall. LOL!!

LOL me too. Actually I never knew it was sliding around, I just reached over and grabbed it. Then I came home and watched the vid and was like wow.

Sir,

Very very nice videos.
Thanks for posting!
I was watching them in the Living Room, and the wife asked "what is that growling" :rock:

You are a very very good builder, thanks for this thread!!!

Saw sounds real strong. Thanks for the vids. On your last 3 vids. In the first one your cutting is about the same size Maple I cut up Friday with my MS 261 20" B&C. On the last two you are cutting. Is close in size what I have too cut . I could sure use that 372 of yours.

Good videos! Is that wood soft or is the saw that fast? It makes it look like balsa wood.

Sir,

Very very nice videos.
Thanks for posting!
I was watching them in the Living Room, and the wife asked "what is that growling" :rock:

You are a very very good builder, thanks for this thread!!!

Thanks allot. LOL, I like putting vids up on the big screen.

Saw sounds real strong. Thanks for the vids. On your last 3 vids. In the first one your cutting is about the same size Maple I cut up Friday with my MS 261 20" B&C. On the last two you are cutting. Is close in size what I have too cut . I could sure use that 372 of yours.

Nice! Yep, I love these 372's, I rarely run anything smaller.

Sounds great. Nice work.

Thanks Brad.

Good videos! Is that wood soft or is the saw that fast? It makes it look like balsa wood.

Well there has been great debate on that subject. Yes its considered a soft wood, but trust me, it doesn't cut like your regular soft wood, its about the hardest softwood you'll find, It gets used around here for flooring, that should tell ya how tough it is. I've cut Pacific Madrone, and Maple, both considered Hard Woods, and I feel they cut much easier then Doug Fir, it has allot to do with grain structure. The only thing I've cut around here that is harder to cut is Oak.

Fir can be very dense in the trunk, especially on a large tree, especially when wet. The 36" trunk in my 372/044/7900 shootout video was some of the densest Fir I have cut it's size. But when ti is dry, it cuts far more easily and gunks everything up much less so.

Good vids. I am starting to suspect my 372 is ported. It runs much stronger than a bud's 372 and just as strong as my old 046, if not stronger.

Fir can be very dense in the trunk, especially on a large tree, especially when wet. The 36" trunk in my 372/044/7900 shootout video was some of the densest Fir I have cut it's size. But when ti is dry, it cuts far more easily and gunks everything up much less so.

Good vids. I am starting to suspect my 372 is ported. It runs much stronger than a bud's 372 and just as strong as my old 046, if not stronger.

Nice. Easy to tell, just pop the muffler off and you'll see.

Will, Did you raise the cylinder walls (at the lower transfers) to even with the base, or did you go a little higher?

thats impressive,im gonna have to start porting and learn about timing. i wonder how a 288 would compare to that with similar mods?

Will, Did you raise the cylinder walls (at the lower transfers) to even with the base, or did you go a little higher?

Yes, I went level with the base.

thats impressive,im gonna have to start porting and learn about timing. i wonder how a 288 would compare to that with similar mods?

Well, the 288 is a bigger more torquey motor, not a high RPM screamer like the 372, 288's are very impressive though.

I've never run a ported 288 head to head with a ported 372.

Did a little more cutting, dropped a dead Grand Fir at my in-laws today while I was there working on my Boat. Here is a pic, a couple vids are uploading.

attachment.php

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ih0k7o_3MBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That made a short workout!

Do you think there's a noticeable difference in the windowed piston vs a stocker? The saw looks like it's got plenty of power.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ih0k7o_3MBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AHHH!!!! Goofy guy WAY to close to the Camera @ 6:00!!

:laugh: :poke:

Will, did you have to mod the tank vent @ all??

J

Latest posts

Back