390XP Performance at 10,000 Feet Elevation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I could have put the muffler together and tried it. I was just welding on an outlet and screen on the front. I may do that on the next 661 muffler.
Make sure you use a bronze muffler it'll help diffuse the argon better I know it sounds odd but works great on the hydraulic pipes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Make sure you use a bronze muffler it'll help diffuse the argon better I know it sounds odd but works great on the hydraulic pipes.

I don't think I have any of the good purge rigs from work. A piece of steel wool works well over the end of the hose.

I don't think I have any of the good purge rigs from work. A piece of steel wool works well over the end of the hose.
It might cost a few extra dollars but it's well worth it in the end I purge as much as I can even carbon steel it just welds that much better.

I get it completely but it'll help on burn through and help with how it welds.

Most deflectors are being welded on the outside, so it you don't burn through you don't have to worry about shielding the back side.

It might cost a few extra dollars but it's well worth it in the end I purge as much as I can even carbon steel it just welds that much better.

With my baby bottle of argon it wouldn't last too awful long. I can build 3 084 mufflers and it's out

Living near to the Pyrenees in France we often get wok in the 2/2500 metre altitude the saws used run a muffler mod & are tuned at the altitude they are to be used at generally they just seem to lose a few revs not sure how many as tuning is by ear the fallers tend to work in short bursts.

I work with the USDA FS for most of my resources. Any modification to the muffler could put you in jail. It has been a while since any USDA personnel looked at my equipment. When they did every thing I had was was in good shape ant the mufflers looked great. Here in California any thing to do with a fire is serious. I have been threatened numerous times for being in my normal work area when fire conditions were high. If some one notices a muffler mod even if it is not a mod that would not endanger the landscape it still is a NO NO.

I live and work at 6,000 feet and higher. 8,500 to 9,000 feet are as high as often work. With this in mind all saws need a little timing boost. At least 5 degrees to start with because it makes quite a bit of gain. Thanks

Latest posts

Back