395xp muffler mod??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranger

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get prepared to open up the muffler on a stock 395. Haven't recieved the 395 yet but plan to work on it a little. I did dremel out a hole in the muffler of my 365 and am quite happy with the result. Cut out a hole in the bottom bracket like some of you guys here have done with the 372. Not sure how to go about opening up the 395, is it tougher. a picture or some advice would be great. For some reason there is not much said about that on the forum.

Thanks

Matt

It would be fairly redundant to mention every single saw model when it comes to muffler mods. If you've already done one, then you basically know what you are in for. The suggested formula for outlet ports is 100%-125% of the exhaust port size. I've kept my saws at about 90% and I'm quite happy. WAAAAAYYYY better than the dinky 3/8" standard outlet hole.

I haven't done any Huskies, but I've done a couple 026's, a couple 046's, an 025 and an Echo 3400. They are all the same and yet all a little different.

Hey Ranger

How did the modification go? Did you notice a power difference?
Are you able to post pictures?
So what kind of wood do you cut up there?

On your 395XP?

I thought you were gonna modify your muffler.

I run 066's and wanted to see how a 395 reponds to a muffler mod.

don

Thought you where going to mod your 395

I have already opened up my 365 and plan on doing the 395 when I get the saw, just don't have it yet. I was actually wondering myself how much a muffler mod would help out the 395. There just isn't much talk about the 395 on this site unlike the 066. The 066 couldn't possibly be that much better than huskys 395, or could it? I guess the owners can decide for themselves.

Matt

I dare not compare a 066 to a 395

Because of warranty and price issues I am going to get a 395 or 3120 for the next big saw. Was considering a Solo 390 or 394.

Re: Thought you where going to mod your 395

Originally posted by ranger
.... There just isn't much talk about the 395 on this site unlike the 066. The 066 couldn't possibly be that much better than huskys 395, or could it? I guess the owners can decide for themselves.

Matt
Nah, people who have run big saws for years enjoy spending more money for less saw. The reason all those people own 066's instead of Husky 395's is because they have no clue as to which is a better long-term value. :rolleyes:

(For some reason I'm feeling like a real smart-aleck tonight)

I found this thread when I googled "395xp Muffler Mod". There just ain't much said about them.

I am a Stihl, husky, and Dolmar man. IOW I like certain models over other comparable models of the other brands. i have ran an 066 all day once and loved it. I love my 395xp as much if not more. I feel the Husky is every bit as capable and it runs noticeably smoother by the end of the day as well.

I would be happy to own a 066 but prefer my 395. i did a muff mod on my 372xp and was astounded at ht e noticable power gain. I know a muff mod is a muff mod but I was hoping to see some pics because I can't decide where i want to position my new pipes. It is going to be more chanllenging than the 372 was. Looking for ideas if anyone has any pics since this thread died maybe someone has done one?

If not i will go ahead with mine soon and post the pics, unless I'm too embarassed at the outcome. :)

Latest posts

Back