440 vs 460 or 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncsawguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
how much stronger is the 460 vs the 440. i plan to run a 25" inch bar no matter what one. i am going to cut mostly oak and hickory. thanks for suggestions. i got a about a thirty inch oak right now but that almost to much to handle. just looking for suggestions. the 660 is too much for me i believe. since i wouldnt cut stuff that big that often. mostly 14 to 24 inches diameter, thanks

Add a horsey + to the 440 and a couple of pounds you got a 460 (the 461 is the new emission version...) unless you plan on cutting big stuff all the time the 440 is plenty of saw, I agree the 660 is a bit too much for everyday use... Its f-ing heavy, besides I think my old basket case 046 outperforms most 660-066s...

i have a ms 460 with the Australian dual port muffler and it is my serious firewood saw but i have a ms 660r with the Australian dual port muffler on it,it stays in my gun vault most of the year,it is my just in case saw but i have had some oak trees that were 50'' and they were a little bit too much for my 460 to me,i'm not saying it wouldn't cut the tree but it is straining it's guts out,the 660 just levels out and keeps cutting with that distinctive whistle,but in 20''-30'' oak the 460 will cut faster than the 660,that being said i have never ran a 461 but i have heard nothing but good things so far.:biggrin:

p.s. on my ms460 i run a 20'' b&c with rsc chain with an 8 pin rim, it has been awesome on the wood size you are referring to.:msp_thumbup:

There's a good bit of torque advantage with the 460 from the 440. The 441 is supposed to be close to the 460 with the m tronic version. The 461 is stronger than the 460.

Latest posts

Back