461 recall?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do a lot of home gunsmithing, but my Remington 700 is built to be a 800 yard gun and the scope was lapped and professionally mounted by a renowned gunsmith to maximize accuracy potential.

I even asked if my gunsmith could install Remington recall parts... nope. The trigger recall has to do with the potential for the firearm to dishchage when the safety is disengaged, I am always pointed in a safe direction and truthfully this is a range toy/safe queen. There is also an option to purchase a Timney trigger and the class action lawsuit dictates Remington will reimburse me for this.

Trying to keep this thread directed towards 461 recall. Sorry to original poster.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You put that much effort into the scope but left the factory trigger?

Mine has a locator tab on the hose and it fits into a slot making impossible to get kinked or lose. Is this a revision or all of them like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Mine has a locator tab on the hose and it fits into a slot making impossible to get kinked or lose. Is this a revision or all of them like this?
The tab has nothing to do with the recall, they all have that locater tab. The hose goes around the intake and that is where it could get kinked but I have not seen any that needed a new fuel line. I thought I had posted the actual recall notice that clearly showed the whys and what fers..

Well thanks for the info good buddy. Question, the primary circuit on the carb has almost a full revolution of adjustment and it seems to need adjusting after about 2 tanks of fuel. The saw has 6 tanks of fuel so far and I am assuming that the rings are seating and the combustion process is increasingly getting more efficient as the rings seal, thus need less fuel.What is the usual time/how many tanks, is your experience with the rings to when you can forget about adjusting the primary and main screws. I know that some Moly rings can take a while, thanks again, Chuck

Well thanks for the info good buddy. Question, the primary circuit on the carb has almost a full revolution of adjustment and it seems to need adjusting after about 2 tanks of fuel. The saw has 6 tanks of fuel so far and I am assuming that the rings are seating and the combustion process is increasingly getting more efficient as the rings seal, thus need less fuel.What is the usual time/how many tanks, is your experience with the rings to when you can forget about adjusting the primary and main screws. I know that some Moly rings can take a while, thanks again, Chuck

I can not comment on how long it takes to seat the rings because most of the time the tree guys just buy the saw and run it as if it was already broken in. Typically I will not see a saw from them unless they drop something on it. They expect it to work straight out the box an the saws do. The extent of the feedback I do get is short and sweet.. " hey hows that 461 running? " " awesome " :eek:

Back