50:1 too 40:1....Will it cause any problems ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The metric system makes mixing easier. Only problem is that the U.S. Gallon is different than a metric gallon.
One litre of mix will make 50 litres of gas @ 50:1
One litre of mix will make 40 litres of gas@ 40:1
One litre of mix will make 30 litres of gas @ 30:1

Actually would 51, 41, and 31 liters, respectively. Otherwise the mixes would be 49:1, 39:1, and 29:1

Another vote for 32:1 for everything ive ever ran and tuned correctly, ive NEVER had an issue with killing a saw. Except for an old Poulan that wouldn't stand up to being run over by my dumptruck
32:1 is all I run now.

Another vote for 32:1 for everything ive ever ran and tuned correctly, ive NEVER had an issue with killing a saw. Except for an old Poulan that wouldn't stand up to being run over by my dumptruck

There is a trade-off, as you add oil to the mix. No matter what some folks want to believe, oil is not burned off as it departs a 2-stroke Otto-cycle engine. It's vaporized into a nasty mix of POM- polycyclic organic matter, much of which is carcinogenic. (That's not good.)

Take a look at the air-quality you see during broadcast of the Indian Grand Prix. They have huge #s of mopeds, tuk-tuks, and other 2-stroke-powered vehicles in India, and the broiled oil they disperse can be easily seen in the air. Our 2-strokes are not immune from that, and it's got to go somewhere for a while.

The POM concentration is in direct proportion to the percent of oil in the mix. That's one reason I don't go beyond 40:1. :rolleyes:
Remember the Good Old Days of 16:1?

Never thought of it like that. I just think extra protection but i dont get alot of smoke at all. Not sure if its because i always run 93 octane or higher..

There is a trade-off, as you add oil to the mix. No matter what some folks want to believe, oil is not burned off as it departs a 2-stroke Otto-cycle engine. It's vaporized into a nasty mix of POM- polycyclic organic matter, much of which is carcinogenic. (That's not good.)

Take a look at the air-quality you see during broadcast of the Indian Grand Prix. They have huge #s of mopeds, tuk-tuks, and other 2-stroke-powered vehicles in India, and the broiled oil they disperse can be easily seen in the air. Our 2-strokes are not immune from that, and it's got to go somewhere for a while.

The POM concentration is in direct proportion to the percent of oil in the mix. That's one reason I don't go beyond 40:1. :rolleyes:
Remember the Good Old Days of 16:1?

Yummy, it's like a smoky diesel.

Back