50:1 too 40:1....Will it cause any problems ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's how you calculate how many oz's are required depending on the ratio blend;

1 gal = 128 oz's, divide that number (128) into the ratio (128/50) and you get 2.56 oz's (2.6 per his rounded off figure).

If you are doing a 40 to 1 ratio it's 128/40 = or 3.2 oz's per gallon.

So for EVERY GALLON USED mix either 2.6 (50:1) or 3.2 (40:1) oz's of lubricating oil.

The metric system makes mixing easier. Only problem is that the U.S. Gallon is different than a metric gallon.
One litre of mix will make 50 litres of gas @ 50:1
One litre of mix will make 40 litres of gas@ 40:1
One litre of mix will make 30 litres of gas @ 30:1

Just go metric instead of dealing with fractions.
250 ml or one quarter of a litre will mix 10 litres @ 40:1
Pin this simple ratio on your shop wall.

Just the opposite Brian, old time 2X4s started out as that, then they went to 1.75 X 3.75. Now they are 1.5 X 3.5. Just like the gov, they keep taking a bigger piece out of us!

My brother caused quite a sensation when he told his 3rd grade teacher that a 2 X 4 was not! She argued with him, while waving the 2X4 in her hand, until he asked "do you have a ruler". I had that teacher 2 yrs earlier, and she was not kind to me. I think my brother paid her back, in several ways, this being one of them.

My father (a Lawyer) was also not fond of her. She called my parents in for a parent/teacher conference, with the Principal present, and informed my parents not to expect much from me. My father responded, "well, if worse comes to worse, he can always be a teacher". My Mom said she wanted to hide under the table, but there was dead silence.

Another vote for 32:1 for everything ive ever ran and tuned correctly, ive NEVER had an issue with killing a saw. Except for an old Poulan that wouldn't stand up to being run over by my dumptruck

Back