50cc saw question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my 346xp. All I've done is a muffler mod and it sure loved it!!!

I was cutting this past weekend with my dad. He has a Stihl 034avs.....The 346xp cut through one 10" log like butter after he made a few cuts with the 034....all he said was "my chain must need sharpening". Smart man....he let me finish up. :laugh:

Thanks for all the information. The local dealer has has the 346xp for 499$ and the 2153 for 519$. So the price is pretty much the same. I am going to go back and fondle each one and try to make up my mind.

IMG_0227-1.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Need I say more? :rock:

IMG_0227-1.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Need I say more? :rock:

Did you swap out the green gas cap, or don't all JReds come with cats anymore? That would be the only drawback to a 2153 vs 346 to me- most 346s now don't have the cat.

I had the same dilemma a few weeks ago. I was pretty sure I wanted a 261; I drove around to all the dealers in the area until I found one that had it in stock. Once I picked it up, though, I knew the 346 was for me. I never put much stock into the discussions about "handling" and relatively minor weight differences, but the 261 just felt a whole class bigger to me. And while I haven't been able to run it all that much yet, so far I have not found the 346 lacking in power at all (stock).

I had the same dilemma a few weeks ago. I was pretty sure I wanted a 261; I drove around to all the dealers in the area until I found one that had it in stock. Once I picked it up, though, I knew the 346 was for me. I never put much stock into the discussions about "handling" and relatively minor weight differences, but the 261 just felt a whole class bigger to me. And while I haven't been able to run it all that much yet, so far I have not found the 346 lacking in power at all (stock).

You got the story right! :cheers:

I guess I'll be the oddball here, I say go find a nice Poulan 3400 (56cc) their still readily available used for around $100, will handle a 20" bar no problem are as tough as a tank and will cut as much wood as any saw mentioned here. Ahh I'm a little biased.......:wink2:

I have run the 346, 261 and the new Husqvarna 555.

For 50cc's, 346 hands down. If you are even thinking about the 261 get the 555. The 555 will be faster and they handle about the same.

Between the 261 and 346, I would go with the dealer support and the ergonomics (for you). Beyond that, differences are minor to the average cutter. I also had the Dolmar 5100s, if you want to save a few bills and have a decent dealer, it is a good saw.

Back