5100 vs CS-530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has ever done a match up with these 2. The Echo site doesn't list power but it has same cc and weight as the Dolmar 5100. My guess the 530 is a turd in comparison.

I am wondering if anyone has ever done a match up with these 2. The Echo site doesn't list power but it has same cc and weight as the Dolmar 5100. My guess the 530 is a turd in comparison.

You are correct sir! And nope I've never ran a 530 but any of the big 3 vs. a same sized cc echo is not much of a comparsion.

From what I have read on this site I'm glad to have bought the CS530 Echo. Only 8 cords of wood since Jan. but it has been problem free. Shouldn't they pack you an extra cylinder with each 5100 purchase? Anyhow, I can buy any saw I want or need, I know I've made the right choice. What difference is speed when it don't run and its died, fried, and laid to the side? I don't recall a post on a problematic CS530 and I don't own the only one. Plenty of negative posts on the 5100. REJ2.

Plent of negatives on the 5100 that I have personally not had! The Echo 530 should be a decent runner probably not on par with the dolmar but decent runner!

From what I have read on this site I'm glad to have bought the CS530 Echo. Only 8 cords of wood since Jan. but it has been problem free. Shouldn't they pack you an extra cylinder with each 5100 purchase? Anyhow, I can buy any saw I want or need, I know I've made the right choice. What difference is speed when it don't run and its died, fried, and laid to the side? I don't recall a post on a problematic CS530 and I don't own the only one. Plenty of negative posts on the 5100. REJ2.

As long as you are happy, what others think doesn't matter much.....:givebeer:

With a muffler mod ( they're too quiet stock, plugged up) a good chain and tuned right they'll be close like a second or 2 in 15" hardwood. Before I muffler modded my CS510 it took 22 seconds compared to my 044 at 19 seconds in bigger oak, maybe the 5100 cuts faster than my 044 which is well tuned with a sharp chiesel chain. Steve

Plent of negatives on the 5100 that I have personally not had! The Echo 530 should be a decent runner probably not on par with the dolmar but decent runner!

As I recall, most of the issues probably are due to lean factory settings (to pass EPA), combined with dealers that aren't up to correcting it before the saws are handed to the customers.

The one I got for Witchy was set just right though - :cheers: to the dealer!

As I recall, most of the issues probably are due to lean factory settings (to pass EPA), combined with dealers that aren't up to correcting it before the saws are handed to the customers.

The one I got for Witchy was set just right though - :cheers: to the dealer!

What's your elevation in north Norway, if your up high that would bring lean tuning to where it should be. Steve

Only other Echo I've run is the CS440 and it is an unbelievable turd. At 45cc that should be an embarrassment to Echo's lineup. I was just wondering if there all that bad or do they have a few better ones.
There are 4 5100's running around here, one everyday almost with no problems yet.

Only other Echo I've run is the CS440 and it is an unbelievable turd. At 45cc that should be an embarrassment to Echo's lineup. I was just wondering if there all that bad or do they have a few better ones.
There are 4 5100's running around here, one everyday almost with no problems yet.

Most CS440 saws come set to lean (doggy) with a ####ty chain and clogged up muffler. After taking care of those things they cut pretty good, no where near CS510 520 or 530 which are a different design. Steve

I have a 5100 which I really love. My brother has a CS-510 Echo. You can't go wrong with either of these. The Echo may not be quite as fast, but starts easier and in my opinion is generally made better and will last longer. The Dolmar is a little more fun.

Latest posts

Back