543xp ? 550xp? 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to have to save up more, but a 550xp is looking like the most obvious choice, rang another nearby husky dealer and they gave me a quote 20$ under msrp with tax, seems like a good deal?

Yeah it was more than 550$. I messaged spike60 yesterday but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Where did you find a 545 for 400$ lol

Okay that makes sense, when things are more popular they are harder on getting msrp.
$550 is with B&C + shipping.
Where are you getting this price, spike60? I found a 550 for 550$ also but it's a online dealer

A lot of people seem to like the 545 color wise but I personally like the 550gray/orange, makes it stand out

I know brad has admitted he is messing with you, but I think it needs to be spelled out.
A good 346 will probably cost 400-500, a professional port job 300, a 357 intake setup another 100 or so(?). A 550 with a muffler mod is only slower when you get out the stop watch, the fuel economy alone means I get more done in a day with a 550 than a 346. Many little details have improved between the 346 and 550, and it's really hard to argue that it isn't a better saw in almost every way.
It isn't without faults, but dollar for dollar, it's the best way to pull a 16-18" bar for most people.
Now I take several saws to a job, and have staff cutting too. If I don't have the 550 in my hands then it's a scramble for the guys to grab it. I never go to a job without it, I have it behind the seat of the ute if I might need a saw.
I've just spent the last week spraying firebreaks in a forest that was burnt 18 months ago. I was on my own, outside reliable phone coverage, a get it done and don't **** up job. I took the 550 with a 17" bar, 3/8 semi chisel chain. Burnt pine and eucalyptus were over every track. Some of this stuff was like cutting concrete, other stuff was like cutting paper mâché wrapped in an inch of carbon and sand. I never needed more saw. I couldn't be more impressed. No 50cc saw has any right pulling 3/8 semi in these conditions, and I wouldn't hesitate to choose it again.
Although - at two to three chain sharpenings per tank - it might wear carbide chain next year.

I know brad has admitted he is messing with you, but I think it needs to be spelled out.
A good 346 will probably cost 400-500, a professional port job 300, a 357 intake setup another 100 or so(?). A 550 with a muffler mod is only slower when you get out the stop watch, the fuel economy alone means I get more done in a day with a 550 than a 346. Many little details have improved between the 346 and 550, and it's really hard to argue that it isn't a better saw in almost every way.
It isn't without faults, but dollar for dollar, it's the best way to pull a 16-18" bar for most people.
Now I take several saws to a job, and have staff cutting too. If I don't have the 550 in my hands then it's a scramble for the guys to grab it. I never go to a job without it, I have it behind the seat of the ute if I might need a saw.
I've just spent the last week spraying firebreaks in a forest that was burnt 18 months ago. I was on my own, outside reliable phone coverage, a get it done and don't **** up job. I took the 550 with a 17" bar, 3/8 semi chisel chain. Burnt pine and eucalyptus were over every track. Some of this stuff was like cutting concrete, other stuff was like cutting paper mâché wrapped in an inch of carbon and sand. I never needed more saw. I couldn't be more impressed. No 50cc saw has any right pulling 3/8 semi in these conditions, and I wouldn't hesitate to choose it again.
Although - at two to three chain sharpenings per tank - it might wear carbide chain next year.
Are you guys trying to torture me with your stories and videos!? This only makes me want a 550 more :baba::heart:

I went to get a 545 and left with a 550. It's only money. You'll make more. If you get the 545 you'll always wonder if it should have been a 550. It's probably in my head but I thought the 550 balanced better.

You guys are killing me. Saw ****:chainsaw::baba: Blsnelling, I saw your mom's tree removal video, is that a 550xp your using in the tree after the 200t

I'm glad everyone is liking the 550xp[emoji2]

Latest posts

Back