543xp ? 550xp? 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unported I agree the 550 holds the edge, ported.......;) That thing is like bouncing off the limiter when he revs it :baba:

:rock:I went ahead on a smoking deal on a new husqvarna 545, should be getting it in about a week, I know some people are going to roll there eyes and say why didn't you get the 550xp. I decided for my needs a 545 is perfect, autotune, light, powerful, good price. Will post pictures as soon as it arrives :chainsaw:
Good choice. It looks better in all orange anyway.

:rock:I went ahead on a smoking deal on a new husqvarna 545, should be getting it in about a week, I know some people are going to roll there eyes and say why didn't you get the 550xp. I decided for my needs a 545 is perfect, autotune, light, powerful, good price. Will post pictures as soon as it arrives :chainsaw:
I am curious about the dealer servicing you were concerned about farther back in this thread. What did (or did you not bother to inquire) the dealer say about servicing under warranty if you got it long distance?

I would guess Dexter Day is where you got it he showed some pictures and stated tide you over until. I have bought new stuff and get the card to fill out and the dealers info isn't put on it.

I am curious about the dealer servicing you were concerned about farther back in this thread. What did (or did you not bother to inquire) the dealer say about servicing under warranty if you got it long distance?
My local dealer said they'd service it under warrantee, as long as I kept the reciept as proof of purchase. And I didn't buy it from him.

If he's an authorized dealer he HAS to service it regardless of where it was purchased.
Are you stating then that all Husqvarna dealers have or will obtain the hardware, software and training to service every model? I am toying with the idea of getting the battery electric top handle saw, are you sure I can get one from Baileys and bring it in to any servicing dealership?

I do not really need a lot of chainsaw devices and have no auto tune ones. Generally the guy I bought the thing from says take it and run it for a while and bring it back in a month or so and I will see if it needs adjustment. Or something along those lines. I really doubt they filled out a warranty slip for the one time I did that.

I'm not exactly sure about what they need to know or training courses they have to take to be authorized. If they're a factory authorized dealer they can't send you away because it was purchased somewhere else.

My local Husky dealer could care less where you bought it. He says he makes more money servicing it than selling them but they do have a big sign saying that during April & May they will service the equipment purchased there first because they get crushed with servicing saws, trimmers, and mowers.

Some dealers Wayyy overprice things. One dealer quoted me 540$ with tax for a 545.....More than 100$ more than I paid. I figured I could buy a new 550xp for that price lol. I know they got to make a living but guess what . So do I.

My local Husky dealer could care less where you bought it. He says he makes more money servicing it than selling them but they do have a big sign saying that during April & May they will service the equipment purchased there first because they get crushed with servicing saws, trimmers, and mowers.
This is what it really boils down to.

But I've never needed warranty work on any saw I bought new, so this means nothing to me.

Just got my 545 in the:chainsaw: mail, ran a tank through her, and all I have to say is wow this thing runs like a raped ape and it's not even broken in! It is literally twice the saw of a husqvarna 350. In the first few cuts you could tell the autotune was sorting itself out. It was getting slightly better with every cut. Fires right up on the 3rd pull. The only issue I had was minor. The oil cap was on so tight like it was glued on there, nothing a pair of pliars couldn't loosen. This saw rips!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Back