543xp vs 241cm Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in the MS241 C-M (not the MS261) but I notice that the MS261 C-MQ comes with "Q" as an option. Any one have a saw with Q? Does it affect the saw's performance in any good or bad ways?

"STIHL QuickStop Super (Q)
The additional braking system for extra safety – exclusive to STIHL. The saw chain stops whenever there is a sufficiently strong kickback, the front hand guard is activated, or the user lets go of the rear handle. The saw chain is stopped within seconds, protecting the user."

By all means avoid that thing (QuickStop Super)! It increases weight and complexity for no good reason - and if you get used to it and it suddenly doesn't work, it is downright dangerous. Malfunctions do happen, there even have been recalls because of it.

The best "safety feature" is inside the operators head, not in some gimmick added to the saw.

Ummm.....
"UMMMM", as you can clearly see i "quoted" E350 in my post....I was just simply trying to let him know he could still get a manual carb 261....

I know this thread is about a 241, but since he was talkig about the 261 I just wanted him to know it's still available in the standard carb, like you have....

Latest posts

Back