543xp vs 241cm Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive only ported 5 of them but im really surprised at how zippy and strong they are for such a small saw. they are well liked by older folks looking really light weight pro saw for the smaller jobs.

Is the rims size an odd ball on the 543? I had thought 3/8lp sprockets were not very hard to find
Maybe I've lost it... I looked and never found one for it but Surely theirs a rim or spur for it.

I've considered a 346, just got bug for one of these "little" guys. You know ole' CAD flair up lol

I see no need for the current breed of 42/43cc pro saws, as they lack a lot of power vs. the lighter 50cc saws, without saving a proportional amount of weight and bulk.

Most people will be better off with a 346xp or 550xp.

ive only ported 5 of them but im really surprised at how zippy and strong they are for such a small saw. they are well liked by older folks looking really light weight pro saw for the smaller jobs.
So far i like mine. I wanted a longer bar so i do not have to bend over so far. This saw is the lightest choice you can do it with.

I remember my confusion on converting to 3/8lp. The stihl came with a 6 pin spur, I couldn't find a 6 pin for the 543 only a 7 pin rim. I kept it .325 because it shares the same bars as my 435 346 and 550... My ground guy did run the bar nuts and clutch cover off the 543 though. I blame it on the heat it was 99 that day and I keep spare nuts in the truck lol. Wasn't the first time. Have you bought one yet? And sawtroll the 241 and 543 are worth it over a 346/550 if all your cutting is 10" stuff.

Well guy's, Dang it! The 543 didn't work out. After a little more digging I was able to order a 241 cm for roughly $85 less than the Husky.... I told them to order me one today. It will be my first Stihl I've ever bought for myself to keep. Ive own and used many but just bought them to fix them and sell them. I can't lie I'm excited!

Typo 65 not 85. Not for sure but got to talking to another dealer here locally that deals husky that gave me their numbers, cost and what not. The deal through my employer just ended being stronger than I first realised.

I am suprised you got the 241 cheaper than the husky, good choice as they both are. Congrats it will serve you well, hope you got it from a sponser to support the forum but that is your choice entirely.

I see no need for the current breed of 42/43cc pro saws, as they lack a lot of power vs. the lighter 50cc saws, without saving a proportional amount of weight and bulk.

Most people will be better off with a 346xp or 550xp.

Contrary to what you may want to believe, the 241 is noticeably lighter/smaller than a 550xp. I use it about the same as my 550 actually, maybe a tad less.
I do feel however that the 550xp is one of the best, if not the very best 3 cube saw ever made though (for work purposes).

Contrary to what you may want to believe, the 241 is noticeably lighter/smaller than a 550xp. I use it about the same as my 550 actually, maybe a tad less.
I do feel however that the 550xp is one of the best, if not the very best 3 cube saw ever made though (for work purposes).

If your 241 is more than a few ounces lighter, it likely is because of the Picco bar and chain - and you can use such a setup on the 550 as well if you want to, with a little effort.

To me the 241 looks bulkier than the 550, except the 550 is longer. The 241 is a bit "fat" for is engine size, as is the Dolmar 420/421.

Back