550XP 1st look!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all that? It's two things.

The ms362 is 13lbs. And 4.6hp
the 562xp is 12.x lbs. And 4.8hp

what else?
the stihl fact is actual, so it is a fact. The husky is hearsay, and unavailable, until it is available, again, no-one will know? I have seen the 2 run side by side twice, no noticable difference in weight or performance. And that was a biased comparo by husky themselves.

the stihl fact is actual, so it is a fact. The husky is hearsay, and unavailable, until it is available, again, no-one will know? I have seen the 2 run side by side twice, no noticable difference in weight or performance. And that was a biased comparo by husky themselves.

How are the specs posted by Husky hearsay and the specs posted by Stihl a wonderful fact? What makes you think it's magically going to change? They're replacing a few cylinders.

The lack of a really good top end performance and accelleration/trigger responce is my concern with the first genaration "strato" saws - the low end torque has never been a concern! :msp_wink:

Based on your reports of the 560XP, it sounds like Husqvarna has learned how to build a strato with good throttle response. How do you think it compares to the throttle response on a 346XP?

Well, I don't mind, but then I also thought the MS441 was quite good looking when it came out. And who knows, if I ever get to travel there I might even find Texas beautiful...

God probably made so many of us so that there should be at least one other person loving us for what we were, even if we were just that...

And good folks of Texas, don't take offence, I frequently visit a Texas style restaurant in town, and with food that good I'll say the place where it origins just has to be beautiful, and the rest is just hearsay, right..? :smile2:

Based on your reports of the 560XP, it sounds like Husqvarna has learned how to build a strato with good throttle response. How do you think it compares to the throttle response on a 346XP?

I haven't compared, but it feels like about the same - time will tell!

Well, someone had to take Y2K's place... :hmm3grin2orange:

Carefull sucker, I was 2k's trainer, wait I was 2k's teacher in the fine art of whipping some Husky azz, he did good but lookie to the left, I is stiil da Champ,haha

Whats all this talk about these saws being caught pigging out and gaining some weight, thats what happens when they aren't in the woods working, sitting around causes weight gain,,:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I haven't compared, but it feels like about the same - time will tell!

Sawtroll I see ya got ya self a new saw, good for you. Bought time you dug up that jar of money out the back yard and spent some of it, messing with ya, cheers!!!!!!!

Sawtroll I see ya got ya self a new saw, good for you. Bought time you dug up that jar of money out the back yard and spent some of it, messing with ya, cheers!!!!!!!

Those money surely have been stashed away some time, for this purpose - but not in the back yard. :cheers: old friend!

Those money surely have been stashed away some time, for this purpose - but not in the back yard. :cheers: old friend!

Don't you fib me, I got a spy cam on ya, I saw ya out there with a metal detector and shovel, forgot where ya buried it huh,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The user manual for the 550xp is now on the Norwegian website.

Specs are listed;

50.1 cc
Stroke: 34.5 mm!
Bore: 43 mm

Max power: 2.8 kW at 10,200 rpm

Weight: 4.9 kg (10.8 lbs).

Specs are listed;

50.1 cc

Wow, that's a decent power-to-weight ratio. 3.8 hp in a saw that weighs 10.8 lbs. :clap: :clap:

The Autotune is a nice bonus. Any word as to when these will be available?

Doug

Specs are listed;

50.1 cc

Looks good man! Lost weight and gained power.

Husky is doin it right ... :givebeer:

Looks good man! Lost weight and gained power.

Husky is doin it right ... :givebeer:

Even if the HP spec went down a tenth or two, I think the AT would more than make up for it. The fact that it picked up a tenth and added AT is going to be huge. I just want to know why I have IPLs for this saw before the T540 which is supposed to be out in a month and a half :dizzy:

Going by the specs, the power gain is negligible, from 3.7hp to 3.75hp. Only way to detect a 0.05hp difference would be on a dyno. But being a strato, it should have a broader power band, which will make it feel like a greater boost in power than the specs indicate.

As for losing weight, we all know how reliable Husqvarna's weight specs are. At least it's likely that the 550 will not weight MORE than the 346; if they've exaggerated to similar degrees on both saws, then the 550 should weigh about 3 ounces less than the 346.

Going by the specs, the power gain is negligible, from 3.7hp to 3.75hp. Only way to detect a 0.05hp difference would be on a dyno. But being a strato, it should have a broader power band, which will make it feel like a greater boost in power than the specs indicate.

As for losing weight, we all know how reliable Husqvarna's weight specs are. At least it's likely that the 550 will not weight MORE than the 346; if they've exaggerated to similar degrees on both saws, then the 550 should weigh about 3 ounces less than the 346.

Well, .1 kw is about .136 hp - but since rounded off numbers are what is available, it is impossibe to know exactly how large the difference is.

Good point on the rounding, ST, at this point we don't know if the power increase is significant or not. My bet is on it being irrelevant, with the strato and autotune, the 550XP will outcut a broken-in 346XP on it's first tank of fuel.

Latest posts

Back