550XP 1st look!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure are. Looks like it's time to start saving for a 550 XP. Figuring they cost about $550, if I set aside $30 per month then I'll have plenty saved up by the time they're released!

The 550XP and 545 if they are smaller versions of the 555 and 562XP will be really nice saws. I was very impressed with 555 I ran last week. The 543XP definitely looks Redmax to me and will have to wait and see what they're like when they show up.

They sure are. Looks like it's time to start saving for a 550 XP. Figuring they cost about $550, if I set aside $30 per month then I'll have plenty saved up by the time they're released!

I like the 346xp so well, that I don't really see the 550xp in my near future.....:smile2:

If I didn't have a 346, it would have been different of course! :biggrin:

I like the 346xp so well, that I don't really see the 550xp in my near future.....:smile2:

If I didn't have a 346, it would have been different of course! :biggrin:

Easy to say that as long as the 550XP is some vague idea on the horizon. The real test is when the videos show up of a mere 545 smoking the 346XP!

They obviously like to show limbing in their videos - hardly a surprice! :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, the limbing performance shown in the video is quite remarkable. The guy managed to limb an entire tree before any of the cut branches hit the ground. Impressive!!! I can get about halfway down a trunk before any of the branches fall, but I've never managed to make it all the way. I guess I need one of these new fangled saws. :msp_tongue:

Doug

Yeah, the limbing performance shown in the video is quite remarkable. The guy managed to limb an entire tree before any of the cut branches hit the ground. Impressive!!! I can get about halfway down a trunk before any of the branches fall, but I've never managed to make it all the way. I guess I need one of these new fangled saws. :msp_tongue:

Doug

Everyone does! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It looks like it weighs only 8.5 pounds. :msp_ohmy:

What is the real weight of the saw? does anyone no for sure or is this just a guess? I hope it is close to the 260pro and they could show alittle more of the saw in the video then just the clutch cover. That to me is what i call a teezer vidoe:hmm3grin2orange:

Well, at least one saw shop in finland has 550xp and others in shelf. Here's a link. Husqvarna 550xpg HUIPPU UUTUUS! - Lakeuden kone ja maataloustarvike Ky - Tuotteet How's the situation in Norway? the specs say fuel consumption 1253g/KW but this should be an error right?

Thanks for the link. I found a couple of interesting points:

(1) The saw has already gained weight!! It was previously listed as 10.8 pounds (4.9 kg). It's now up to 11.2 pounds (5.1 kg). It's gained almost half a pound, although it's still reasonably light. CORRECTION: The saw has NOT gained weight--my bad! The web page linked by Raket is for the xpG version. The standard xp version is still listed as 10.8 pounds.

(2) The good news is that it looks like it will be priced the same as the 346xp. Check out the prices on this page:

Ammattisahat - Lakeuden kone ja maataloustarvike Ky - Tuotteet

Only 4 euros more than the 346XPne! I hope that the RELATIVE prices are the same in the U.S. (I certainly wouldn't want to pay the same absolute prices as in Finland!)

Doug

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I found a couple of interesting points:

(1) The saw has already gained weight!! It was previously listed as 10.8 pounds (4.9 kg). It's now up to 11.2 pounds (5.1 kg). It's gained almost half a pound, although it's still reasonably light. CORRECTION: The saw has NOT gained weight--my bad! The web page linked by Raket is for the xpG version. The standard xp version is still listed as 10.8 pounds.

Yes! :msp_smile:

Back