550XP 1st look!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly it lost 0.1 kg :rock::rock::clap::clap:

I'll believe it when I see it though (on the fish scale!! :rock:)

Also they have moved the oil cap up so that the handle is not in the way when you go to refill it.

The guys on the swedish thread are more preoccupied with some sort of lightweight forest vest than they are with the saw though.

I finally read all the thread - it added very little to what is already known about the 550xp, actually more about the attitudes of some of the posters (but that wasn't really news to me either).......:biggrin:

It is a pity that AS member Swe#Kipp couldn't attend (he was invited), but the thread was is enjoyable reading anyway, until the last part (so far), after a well-known Husky hater turned up...... :msp_smile:

It is a pity that AS member Swe#Kipp couldn't attend (he was invited), but the thread was is enjoyable reading anyway, until the last part (so far), after a well-known Husky hater turned up...... :msp_smile:
I hope they clean up a bit more in the thread..

It would have been nice to meet Kipp as well as Fredrik. It was sad to hear they could not attend. I was looking forward to meeting them. As for others attending it was a mix of people, not just pro's.
It was meant to be four from Finland, four from Sweden, four from Norway.

I translated some and put on CSCF so you can read a bit without Guurgle.
I can't post the hole link but it is not hard to find.

Not often i get a chance to sit and chat with product developers, especially ones in current projects.

I was kind of hoping you would have something to say regarding the thread and its topic other than a "yes" as a reply to a reply to grumpy forrest guy.

Surly you have something better to ask or say...

Last edited:
I hope they clean up a bit more in the thread..

It would have been nice to meet Kipp as well as Fredrik. It was sad to hear they could not attend. I was looking forward to meeting them. As for others attending it was a mix of people, not just pro's.
It was meant to be four from Finland, four from Sweden, four from Norway.

I translated some and put on CSCF so you can read a bit without Guurgle.
I can't post the hole link but it is not hard to find.

Not often i get a chance to sit and chat with product developers, especially ones in current projects.

I was kind of hoping you would have something to say regarding the thread and its topic other than a "yes" as a reply to a reply to grumpy forrest guy.

Hi--

I agree with the sentiments on the forums and your sentiments that this is a big deal that husqvarna is actually meeting with end users in the development phase. I sure wish they would do something like that here in the US.

Through AS we are lucky enough to have some dealers who make it easy at GTGs to try out models that have been released, which is something of a step in that direction, but nothing close to this.

Did you get a sense of their priorities in designing the saws? Durability versus weight, etc? Are the guys doing this design work full of energy and zeal?

Yes, I got a feeling of what they were aiming for.

The changes, changed parts and new features is something they really put a lot of effort in.
I think they want this to be a better limbing saw that fits the modern forestry better with good handling etc.

There is not much Gyro in it compared to 560 that has quite a bit. This makes it easy to handle when shifting positions on the saw.
I think that was the general idea of this saw to make a good limbing saw in small wood. Thinning and limbing small wood up to 13"-20" If they got the engine to work just great!

I will be back there....:msp_wink:

The 550xp/xpg is now on the Norwegian Husky web-site, and the 346xp/xpg is gone. I do not know yet if it is actually available at the dealers.....

Man, thats weird just hearing the words "the 346 is gone'......oh well, ALL Hail the 550!!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Man, thats weird just hearing the words "the 346 is gone'......oh well, ALL Hail the 550!!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Ya and they better make sure it's available before they axe the 346 because that will DEFINITELY be an issue if there's nothing there to replace it!!!!

Ya and they better make sure it's available before they axe the 346 because that will DEFINITELY be an issue if there's nothing there to replace it!!!!

Yep to both - but I suspect this means that they already have been making the 550 for a while......:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

It is on the Swedish site, but it also state that it will be availiable fall 2012. The specs and the looks are a bit disappointing, imo - and nothing about RevBoost....
Hopefully though Niko it could be like my old 44. If I remember the 44 was only listed as 2.7 HP. This was misleading because with it's incredible RPM's it would cut anything and fast. This could be just what I've been looking for for the better half.

Just wondering what are the heck are the black circles below the oil cap and above the gas cap? :msp_confused: I can't figure it out and am not sure if someone already knows.

I'm inclined to believe that its some new sort of AV. Those two plugs are where AV springs normally are. Presumably there is just some greater integration of the springs into the case and then there's either a plug over them or this is some sort of hybrid spring/rubber AV.

It is on the Swedish site, but it also state that it will be availiable fall 2012. The specs and the looks are a bit disappointing, imo - and nothing about RevBoost....

No I mean see in three dimensions, pick er up and put er down kinda see :) The 550xp has my attention as well, but I think I want something even lighter. Just has to have bit better construction and power than a 435.... If I can give it a little muffler mod and have it running like a stock 353, maybe consider some port work to get the HP up just a hair higher, it would definitely be my go to over the 550xp just given the weight of it. I cut for fun, not for production or to get paid. I'll save the pounds over the power in the 543 vs. 550 arena.

I'm inclined to believe that its some new sort of AV. Those two plugs are where AV springs normally are. Presumably there is just some greater integration of the springs into the case and then there's either a plug over them or this is some sort of hybrid spring/rubber AV.

That's also what I would say. It would be interesting to see if it's rubber or spring....

Just wondering what are the heck are the black circles below the oil cap and above the gas cap? :msp_confused: I can't figure it out and am not sure if someone already knows.

It has been discussed earlier, but no real answer turned up......:popcorn:

The power specs are the same as the MS241 and PS421 (higher than the 420), and it is a little lighter - but not a lot. At least it has an outboard clutch, so it should handle better, for those of us that care...:smile2:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the rubber/spring hybrid is interesting. What I really don't get is why Husky made the 550, 555, 560, and 562 look so sleek then they make the 543 look they way it does.

I know, I know.... I'm superficial

Latest posts

Back