550xp Here we go again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well was running my 550xp last week, and boy I've had some bad luck with these new Husqvarna saws. She started fine, but soon started running totally erratic, wouldn't idle started running lean you name it. Well I knew I have a model with a serial number that had a run of bad transfer seals, so I figured that would be the problem. However I didn't get that far when I found this.

IMAG0612.jpg

it was you!, you assembled it wrong! we know you strip it down to check for scoring after every run. :D look at those wires. can still tell what colour they are. **** that thing might have half a tank on it! :givebeer:

Totally incorrect you ass, it has two tanks run through it[emoji8]

Seriously though I have been afraid to run the stupid thing, wonder why? Lol.

One of the transfer seals doesn't look great, but I believe a little sealant will take care of it, the other seal looks acceptable.

IMAG0615.jpg

Well was running my 550xp last week an boy I've had some bad luck with these new Husqvarna saws. She started fine but soon started running totally erratic, wouldn't idle started running lean you name it. Well I knew I have a mode with a serial number that had a run of bad transfer seals so I figured that would be the problem. However I didn't get that far when I found this.

View attachment 544699
Is the saw still under warranty Andre pretty grim if it is :(

Is the saw still under warranty Andre pretty grim if it is :(
Well right after I bought the saw I wasn't really able to do much cutting so she was sitting for some time, that and I have too many saws lol. Anyway it's out of warranty, but I'm not too worried I'm, sure something can be worked out, as this is obviously a factory defect.

I inserted the strato port back into the boot, it may or may not seal, as it's deformed. Looks like all I need is a new boot.

The quality of the cylinder is quite good, but I can't say the same about the transfer covers or seals themselves.

Andre, are the transfer seals just a piece of Oring (round cross section) cord cut and placed into a groove or is is something more fancy?.....By the looks of it there isn't even a groove to captivate it.
Jeff
The covers have the groove to hold it in place. It's a molded seal, not sure if you could find a ring the exact size or not, I doubt that would work. Very cheesy design.

Make some quality transfer covers while you're at it. Check out the corner of this cover, is has a kink in it, and the corner of the seal is exposed to the screw. Again I don't think it's going to leak with some sealant. The cover was so deformed it bent when the screw was tightened.

Attachments

• IMAG0618.jpg
    IMAG0618.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 122
No offense Andre, but I'm glad I sold my 550xp in favor of my 346XP NE, guess I'm just not a fan of the auto tune saws....
Keep in mind that it has nothing to do with AutoTune though - this is a basic quality control problem, along with a questionable design on that cover casting and seal. Then compounded by the stupid decision not to sell those cover seals.

Well was running my 550xp last week, and boy I've had some bad luck with these new Husqvarna saws. She started fine, but soon started running totally erratic, wouldn't idle started running lean you name it. Well I knew I have a model with a serial number, that had a run of bad transfer seals so I figured that would be the problem. However I didn't get that far when I found this.

View attachment 544699
That'll buff out.

Did you have fun funding the little plastic clip on the bottom of the carb?!
You know I found it pretty quick, and a little orange screwdriver did the trick. It took some force to bend that tube in like that, I really don't know how someone could do that without knowing something wasn't right.

To me it is clear the saw was never vacuum tested at the factory, it never could have passed a vac/pressure test.

Latest posts

Back