562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was thinking/hoping. I borrowed a friends ms362 and was blown away how fun and fast it was to cut wood with a bigger pro saw. I used another friends ms251 and absolutely hated it. It was brand new and my 445 smoked ii. The ms251 would not cut/dig and it vibrated me to the point of my wrists hurting all that evening.

Ok,
I'll be the only vote that says, go run both at both dealers and see which one you like better, we already know which one will get better service should that arise.
its not THAT much better of a "firewood saw" to have to overcome a chitty service department.

IMO i would be looking in the 70-80cc range for mostly 30-36" rounds range...Id be skipping the 60cc altogether if the 445 is still running and usable.

edit...go run both IN WOOD about the size you get...

Are there any rules here about cutting firewood full time?

Yes, you have to post pictures of your new saw, which will be the first of many whether you know it or not. You have to post pics of all the wood you cut. You have to attend one Charity Cut and one Get Together every year. Oh, and BE SAFE out there. Am I missing anything?

You should know better :dumb:

Charity cut sounds good I need to give back. Was thinking of 70cc saw also but think I need a good 60cc saw first. Maybe next year on the 70cc or even 80 if I can get some more tree work by then. Funny most people want you to be insured before you cut a tree over their houc
Yes, you have to post pictures of your new saw, which will be the first of many whether you know it or not. You have to post pics of all the wood you cut. You have to attend one Charity Cut and one Get Together every year. Oh, and BE SAFE out there. Am I missing anythin

Chisel? I have never run a skip chain. I used to use a safety chain in dirty wood now I use a hatchet if its filthy if dirty I will just have to sharpen more often. I use a round file very well. A guy swore to me I had to buy a contraption that filed the dawgs at the same time you sharpen the teeth but I dont like it. I dont file the dawgs down hardly ever only if they need it. Any thoughts on my feelings on this?

Chisel? I have never run a skip chain. I used to use a safety chain in dirty wood now I use a hatchet if its filthy if dirty I will just have to sharpen more often. I use a round file very well. A guy swore to me I had to buy a contraption that filed the dawgs at the same time you sharpen the teeth but I dont like it. I dont file the dawgs down hardly ever only if they need it. Any thoughts on my feelings on this?
Chain is available in chisel & semi chisel, then ya have skip & half skip. Semi chisel is good for dirty, dry and dead wood. Chisel good for clean green wood. What you're calling the "dawgs" are usually called rakers, or depth gauges. I do file them down occasionally.

Back