562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. As I'm sure you figured out, the Stihl dealer that's fixing your 445 is trying to earn your business, basically saying that if you buy from him, he'll take care of all your saws. If you are relying on your saws to keep house and home, you need good local service, and good service trumps the brand or model every time. Unfortunately, there are lots of folks in places where there is no good service, and they will happily deal with Spike60, tlandrum or TK (New England) long distance. Thing about that, if you're dealing long distance, you have to get multiple saws, so you always have one to work with when the inevitable breakdowns occur. Stuff happens. The other thing, I would go to the local Stihl dealer and discuss your needs with him and let him make recommendations. He's the one who's gonna answer all your questions and bail you out when things go sideways.
If saws are a hobby, then please disregard the above.

So what's your favorite m&r? Phillip I have been thinking all of those things. I will have to hold the 562 in my hands to make certain I need it. The 362 seems bulkier. I am not getting a tattoo of either brand. I buy Stihl chains and commercial Oregon bar. Had that one bar over two years and still has all the paint on it. The Stihl dealer gets all of my business at the moment. With all of that said the husky dealer is about an hour away. Hopefully I can get the 660 from Stihl next year if needed.

That is a very good point. My throttle cable broke and husky dealer here in town put my 445 on a bench vise with a punch and started hammering out the trigger pin the wrong way.... My face turned red super fast. Then he says well let's try this way flips it over badly taps it and it falls out. Then installed the throttle cable in backwards. Had to come back the next day to pick up.. Never going back again. The Stihl dealer is changing my carb on my 445 Today
I'd give the Stihler my business based on this alone.

My 562 is my go to saw and I love it. M&Rs picture of the Jonsered 2260 made me wonder if you have a Jonsered dealer/Tractor supply nearby. My buddy bought a Jonsered 2166, it's 72cc for about $100 less than a 562. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back