562xp felling spike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting, I like the SS and Husqvarna laser etch, but I'm not sure how it is functionally better than two spikes.

What I'd like is a set of spikes bigger than stock dogs, but not as large as the west coast big dogs.

The third, outermost, piece serves no function but to hold the outer spike to the chainbrake cover. It's not laser etched. It's cut all the way through. There are 3mm stainless sleeves separating the two held by three stainless bolts/nuts as pictured.

The only other way to mimic the factory outside spike would be to compensate for enough material to make two 90 degree bends of which I don't have the capability to do so.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/atabunaj.jpg

Like I said, I want to put them through their paces before I list them on ebay.

Ahh, now I understand. Very nice work, but why didn't Husky put the dogs as stock instead of making them an option? I like that 3/4 wrap handle, for better or worse it looks a lot like Stihl's.

Ahh, now I understand. Very nice work, but why didn't Husky put the dogs as stock instead of making them an option? I like that 3/4 wrap handle, for better or worse it looks a lot like Stihl's.

One more way for manufacturer to nickle & dime us

Back