575xp questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron441

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of my buddies has 2 575xps that he wants me to help him sell so he can buy a bigger saw (probably an ms660). One is in really good shape, the other has had some issues that I will talk about in a minute. I do not know anything about Huskies and cannot find much info about what these might be worth. I gather from what I have read on here that 575's are not very popular.

One of the saws had some running issues and he took it to a local saw mechanic, who told him that the crank had twisted where it pressed together and the saw was way out of time. The ended up trying a bunch of different coils, and ended up with one that the timing is really advanced on, and now it runs fine. Is this even possible? I would sooner think the key is sheared and the flywheel is just jammed on there or something like that. I also don't have much faith in the guy who worked on it.
I have seen mentioned on AS that these saws had crank problems, but can't really find out what the details are. I am going over there this weekend and I will try to get part numbers off the flywheel and coil, and get the rest of the story about what the original symptoms were. Thanks

Get the serial numbers. The lower end issues were on the earlier models, 2005 and much of 2006. Not all of them fail of course, just an unacceptable %. I do have guys with 2005 models that have run the hell out of them, and they are still going.

Get the serial numbers. The lower end issues were on the earlier models, 2005 and much of 2006. Not all of them fail of course, just an unacceptable %. I do have guys with 2005 models that have run the hell out of them, and they are still going.

I also happen to have one of these in the garage to be repaired. Do you have a range of the "supposed" defective ones?:popcorn:

575 serial number

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is anywhere else on the saw to find the serial number and build year other than the little black tag by the chain break mount? I bought my 575xp used and the tag is gone.
Thanks Ryan

I have a 575XP, and it's been 100%. Other than being heavy compared to the 372 I moved up from, it's a great saw.
The good one should be worth $400 easy enough, if it is still in good visual shape.

I have a 575XP, and it's been 100%. Other than being heavy compared to the 372 I moved up from, it's a great saw.
The good one should be worth $400 easy enough, if it is still in good visual shape.

Yeah I'll tell you what, there must be some others besides me and you that like them, as they all bring very good money on ebay whenever I see one there.

575 xp

He managed to sell the bad saw before I got there this weekend, so I didin't get to get the numbers. He said it was an 05 model. He got $300 for it.
What were the crank problems that these had? Is it possible the crank was twisted, or did they just brek?

Back