576xp auto tune vs 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hk308

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I Would like to replace my husky 575xp with one of the above saws, sawtroll I would like your opinion, others more than wellcom. Will mostly use 20 inch bar for fire wood. May end up buying a second smaller saw (562xp) Thanks in advance.

If using a 20 inch bar the 576 will do great. The 390 is better suited with 24 inch + bars. With the 576 you also have the option to run bigger bars and will pull good up to like 28 inch bars.

If I were you I would go with the 576 Autotune. I hear this is Husqvarna's smoothest saw.

I'd go for the 576 too. I'd rather have a 372xpw than any of the saws you mentioned. The 390 is most likely to big for what you need a saw for. Also pretty heavy. A 70cc saw goes well with a 50cc saw.

If I were you I would go with the 576 Autotune. I hear this is Husqvarna's smoothest saw.

Imho, the weigth of the AT version will be too close to the 390xp - on the flip side, the 576xp is already more than enough saw for a 20" bar, as long as the chain is reasonably sharp.

Another "flip", the 390xp will like an 8-pin sprocket better, to gain a little chain speed......

The 390 hands down. Just because its not an autotune and is the cats meow. I never notice much differance in weight between the 390 and 372 running a 24 inch bar on them both handle very well.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, SawTroll thats my dilemma, on paper they are nearly the same weight. The extra hp and torque of the 390xp could be helpful with australian hardwood. I guess it comes down to which is the better saw ?

Thanks everyone, SawTroll thats my dilemma, on paper they are nearly the same weight. The extra hp and torque of the 390xp could be helpful with australian hardwood. I guess it comes down to which is the better saw ?

Exactly. I've owned alot of saws and my favorite is the 390xp. I cant see any of the new epa saws even coming close to it.

It comes down to how much saw you need (or want).

Also keep in mind that the 576 is just a development of the first generation "strato" saws, and may be replaced by a lighter saw in a few years. I believe the more traditional 390xp will stay on the market longer - as long as Husky has enough EPA credits in the US.......

Last edited:
I went with the 576xpg Autotune as I wanted a saw for all seasons. I already have two 288xps so I wanted to go a little smaller. The saw really isn't much lighter but Starts & runs perfect no matter how hot or cold it is. I have no desire to run my 288s any more if that helps you

I love the 70cc class of chainsaws and the 576xp is a smooth and powerful saw. That being said, in your situation I would pick the 390. If you are already sold on getting a 562xp when they come out, the 576 will be too close. The 390 at 88cc is a nice distance from the 60cc 562xp. I think a 50 and a 90 are a good two saw plan. 60 and 70 are too close. In addition, the 562xp, if it is ANYTHING like the pre-production model I ran last year, is an absolute animal, and runs a lot closer to a bigger saw than any other 60cc saw I have run.

390xp- the 90ish cc saw with 70ish cc weight & 562xp the 60ish cc saw with 70ish cc power! Perfect combo!

I love the 70cc class of chainsaws and the 576xp is a smooth and powerful saw. That being said, in your situation I would pick the 390. If you are already sold on getting a 562xp when they come out, the 576 will be too close. The 390 at 88cc is a nice distance from the 60cc 562xp. I think a 50 and a 90 are a good two saw plan. 60 and 70 are too close. In addition, the 562xp, if it is ANYTHING like the pre-production model I ran last year, is an absolute animal, and runs a lot closer to a bigger saw than any other 60cc saw I have run.

390xp- the 90ish cc saw with 70ish cc weight & 562xp the 60ish cc saw with 70ish cc power! Perfect combo!

Thats what I was thinking, thanks Westspartan.

Thats what I was thinking, thanks Westspartan.

Thats a lot of saw just for a 20" bar......Thats exactly why I chose the 576. Because you said you would be using a 20" bar. If using bigger bars, I think most anyone would have chosen the 390.

Thats a lot of saw just for a 20" bar......Thats exactly why I chose the 576. Because you said you would be using a 20" bar. If using bigger bars, I think most anyone would have chosen the 390.

A 390 can clearly pull a LOT more bar, but I run a 20" b&c on my 94cc 2095 a lot. I seem to use it when cutting locust and osage, both very hard woods that are often pretty thin. Sometimes you need the power but don't need the length (I know that sounds bad:)). A 90cc class saw with an 8 pin rim and a 20" bar is something all must try!

A 390 can clearly pull a LOT more bar, but I run a 20" b&c on my 94cc 2095 a lot. I seem to use it when cutting locust and osage, both very hard woods that are often pretty thin. Sometimes you need the power but don't need the length (I know that sounds bad:)). A 90cc class saw with an 8 pin rim and a 20" bar is something all must try!

I know exactly what ya mean. I have a 20" bar for both my 660 and 2094. Not knockin it at all. But you know what I mean too. If the case were like he said and ALL he were going to use was a 20" bar then the choice would seem to be the 576. Just my opinion though. But yes, i like using the 20" bars on the big saws too.

I Would like to replace my husky 575xp with one of the above saws, sawtroll I would like your opinion, others more than wellcom. Will mostly use 20 inch bar for fire wood. May end up buying a second smaller saw (562xp) Thanks in advance.

I was clicking around and read your post. hk308, have you ever used the
efco chain saws? I bought a 156 and it surprised the heck out of me. They have a comparable cc saw to the 576 for $200 less. I love Huskys. I bought my first one in 1977. But in my opinion they have cheapened them up. The efco will do everything the Huskys will for a lot less. i love mine and am thinking of getting another-maybe 165 or bigger. Anyway goodluck. Oh I got the best price from Pat's Small engine in Minnesotta. Shipping was only $7 but must be more for down there. Bob(Cheeves)

390xp. Since you are considering both saws to do the same job, you have to get the bigger one for the minimal price difference. If you get the smaller one you will ALWAYS think "man, that bigger one would have been faster, better, easier........."

But - you will be happy with either one. They are both more than adequate for your needs. I would be interested in which would have the upper hand in sideways balance! :cheers:

I was clicking around and read your post. hk308, have you ever used the
efco chain saws? I bought a 156 and it surprised the heck out of me. They have a comparable cc saw to the 576 for $200 less. I love Huskys. I bought my first one in 1977. But in my opinion they have cheapened them up. The efco will do everything the Huskys will for a lot less. i love mine and am thinking of getting another-maybe 165 or bigger. Anyway goodluck. Oh I got the best price from Pat's Small engine in Minnesotta. Shipping was only $7 but must be more for down there. Bob(Cheeves)

No I haven't. It will be one of the Husky's, leaning towards the 390xp. I appreciate the Efco may be a good saw.

Back