660+36"+oak tree+PICS=good times!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
cut this Pin oak today..i looked at it in the dark one night...and really couldn't remember how big it was...cut i knew it was decent. i could have cut it with a 24" but then i knew i wouldn't have been able to block it up...so on went the 36" the last time i ran this bar it was on my ported BB..but the one isn't performing up to snuff right now..so it went on the mostly stock 660..and i was really surpised at how well this thing pulled it..and now for the pics

the gf was behind the camera...she really gets into this picture thing!!
cuttingtrees001.jpg

cuttingtrees003.jpg

cuttingtrees004.jpg

cuttingtrees005.jpg

cuttingtrees007.jpg

cuttingtrees008.jpg

cuttingtrees011.jpg

cuttingtrees013.jpg

cuttingtrees016.jpg

cuttingtrees018.jpg

cuttingtrees019.jpg

cuttingtrees020.jpg

She caught me walking down the log
cuttingtrees022.jpg

walking down the log again...she is picture crazy!!
cuttingtrees023.jpg

cuttingtrees024.jpg

cuttingtrees025.jpg

Last edited:
wow...didnt' realize there were that many pics...im sure that might cause a problem for the dial-uppers:cheers:

yea..this one was a little a shade under 5' on the stump...but it would have been around another foot bigger if the outside hadn't been rotten..as you can see there was a railroad track not to far way(closer than what it looks) and then there were some other trees that i didn't wanna hurt...wasn't bad....had quite a bit of room actually..this one had a limb hung-up in the top(widowmaker if you wish) that was prolly 12' long and 10" in diameter....that would have been a headache!!

Last edited:
serious or razzing me?? its a 36"

yes...there are eastern loggers that use a 36" from time to time!!

I was just jacking with you,,,,,

It does look kinda weird without a wrap handle though!!!!!! :dizzy:

Great Pics BTW,,,, looks like ya might have missed your stumpshot a bit,,, and brought the back cut in a little low,,,, Dont take me wrong,,,, Im not critisizing just a genuine safety observation,,,,
gotta be careful especially on them old hazard trees,,,,, plus we want to see ya postin more great pics!!!!!!

Pics BTW,,,, looks like ya might have missed your stumpshot a bit,,, and brought the back cut in a little low,,,, Dont take me wrong,,,, Im not critisizing just a genuine safety observation,,,,
gotta be careful especially on them old hazard trees,,,,, plus we want to see ya postin more great pics!!!!!!

no offense taken...what do you mean by missed my stumpshot and took the back cut in a little low? i cut the face...bored in(on the far side from where teh pics were taken and left the "ear" and motored all the way around the tree..to swing it away from the railroad track where it wanted to go....if you looked at the stump it was level flat....there isn't any good pics that show it as level...the angles aren't right. the second from last pic kinda shows it...the facecut and backcut were level to eachother.

Last edited:
Sorry I Didnt realize you bore cut it,,,,,,

Good job!!!!!! ya got it down safe any way!!!!!

well it is kind of a bore cut..the tree wanted to go for the railroad tracks...so i cut the face and bored in to and left the "ear" so that the tree wouldn't set down on the saw...and then just walked around the tree so that it would swing it next to the tracks...

h*ll there aint to need for apoligizing!!!!:cheers: need somebody looking out for my hide sometimes

Latest posts

Back