661 Muffler mod progression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My works connection works with my 241, 261, and 441.......but not my 661. I tried those other tachs on the 661....still no worky. I duno what the deal is???

What does a Stihl tach run?

Just over $110 for the Stihl EDT-8. I just sold mine and got the TT-20. The Stihl has a slow refresh rate, compared to the DTI.

The DTI doesn't read the RPM on my 661, but I wasn't really worried about what it was pulling. Because it's limited by the Mtronics. Also, the DTI has a "last recall" button. So you don't even have to look at the RPM. Just pizz Rev for a couple seconds and then hit the button. It shows you the last read max RPm.

Just over $110 for the Stihl EDT-8. I just sold mine and got the TT-20. The Stihl has a slow refresh rate, compared to the DTI.

The DTI doesn't read the RPM on my 661, but I wasn't really worried about what it was pulling. Because it's limited by the Mtronics. Also, the DTI has a "last recall" button. So you don't even have to look at the RPM. Just pizz Rev for a couple seconds and then hit the button. It shows you the last read max RPm.
My Tiny Tach Fast Tach has that feature. I do like that little tach. I've had it for several years now.

I have a few dudes wanting to see a video of mine working ............... I will try to put something together in the next few days and if I cant grab any wood, then it will just be a piss revvin show
Boy, old age can leave a guy retarted sometimes ................. the rocket scientist (me) forgot that he sent his 661 muffler to Redbull for testing. When the muffler comes back, I can put up the piss revvin video of the Hardline tach .............. untill then, here is a pic of the install

Attachments

• Hardline and Max Flow a1.JPG
    Hardline and Max Flow a1.JPG
    845.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Hardline and Max Flow 1.JPG
    Hardline and Max Flow 1.JPG
    868.3 KB · Views: 44
Here she is ........... just a piss revvin video to show the Hardline works. A little erratic at idle to begin with, but I did notice after a few cuts it gets better at showing the true idle RPM

Attachments

• 661 Hardline.MOV
    6 MB · Views: 21
Back