661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So once the dust settles I'm not so sure I'm gonna be able to tell which one of the 3 is better protecting than the others. Yamalube doesn't seem any thicker than Lucas and Super M is the thickest of the 3[emoji10]. Im betting all 3 are more than adequate.
Yamalube 2R has a longer track record and is more widely used than any oil in this thread.

Maxima K2 now. After I have burnt 20 gallons of mix I will report the results. Should take awhile given the saw I'm using it in is a stock 562XP, which is pretty miserly on fuel.

I'm planning on burning thru several quarts of 2R before I tear down a saw to inspect. The one saw I'm running the most is a 346 that Wiggs built.

So once the dust settles I'm not so sure I'm gonna be able to tell which one of the 3 is better protecting than the others. Yamalube doesn't seem any thicker than Lucas and Super M is the thickest of the 3[emoji10]. Im betting all 3 are more than adequate.
If thick is what u r lookin for just bypass all the rest and get h1r, 800t, or r50

Trx250r180, post: 5346011, member: 56475"]We are never going to find the best oil are we ?[/QUOTE]

Best on a biscuit

Attachments

• mayhaw Jelly.jpg
    mayhaw Jelly.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 19
What will u look for once its torn down?

Carbon buildup, and the quality of that buildup. I don't wanna see oily, or plastic like buildup.......I wanna see flat black, rock hard carbon, with transfer flow tracks. In the bottom end, I wanna see some oil........not dry as hell. Then on the piston skirts I'll be checking for scuffing......and blowby.

Carbon buildup, and the quality of that buildup. I don't wanna see oily, or plastic like buildup.......I wanna see flat black, rock hard carbon, with transfer flow tracks. In the bottom end, I wanna see some oil........not dry as hell. Then on the piston skirts I'll be checking for scuffing......and blowby.
What if u have the carbon that u want on the crown but no transfer wash?

Ok i'm picking one of these dammit.....seriously...uh huh i'm really going to[emoji15]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430771016.025489.jpg
Don't be fooled by the creamsicle stuff in the back there.....i like Husky's

Back