661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually messaged Maxima today to see what they thought of the K2 for chainsaw use and asked them what ratio, and if they would recommend one of their other oils over the K2. The reply from the technical department stated that they highly recommend the K2 for a saw saying it would provide excellent protection, and to start with 40:1 and could possibly move up to a leaner ratio it it left any wet residue in the exhaust.... but said it was a good place to start. I was very surprised how quick they got back to me ( 1/2 hour or so). Pretty impressed with their customer service.:)

I actually messaged Maxima today to see what they thought of the K2 for chainsaw use and asked them what ratio, and if they would recommend one of their other oils over the K2. The reply from the technical department stated that they highly recommend the K2 for a saw saying it would provide excellent protection, and to start with 40:1 and could possibly move up to a leaner ratio it it left any wet residue in the exhaust.... but said it was a good place to start. I was very surprised how quick they got back to me ( 1/2 hour or so). Pretty impressed with their customer service.:)
Yeah they got back to me quick too when i had a ?. The tech told me to use K2 @ the manufactuerer's recommended ratio. Said he used it 50:1 in all his OPE.

I just mixed a little cocktail for home....a 50:1 bottle of Redmax synthetic and a 1/2ish oz. of Yamalube to give me a 42ish:1 ratio.
I can already hear my crank bearing screaming for help...
It'll be fine, trust me, it'll be fine :D

I was thinkin about this thread as I tore apart that old husky 61 I posted a pic of earlier..
Saw was run on whatever the bargain of the day oil was at 40:1 according to my neighbor.. Saw developed a horrendous leak around the base gasket that pinned the ring into the piston..
It puffed 51 lbs of comp when I tested it.. The dirt piles in the crank case were impressive.. But the lower bearing is just as smooth as anyone could ask for..
Go figure..

I was thinkin about this thread as I tore apart that old husky 61 I posted a pic of earlier..
Saw was run on whatever the bargain of the day oil was at 40:1 according to my neighbor.. Saw developed a horrendous leak around the base gasket that pinned the ring into the piston..
It puffed 51 lbs of comp when I tested it.. The dirt piles in the crank case were impressive.. But the lower bearing is just as smooth as anyone could ask for..
Go figure..
7ee5b4d16f12ae61a7437749ac85bffb.jpg

anybody try the royal purple 2 stroke oil? was feeling rich so bought jug today. i plan to run it at 50:1. :p use to run it at 40:1 through all my dirt bikes but haven't ran it since i switched to 4 stroke bikes. never used it in a chainsaw.

high-performance-2-cycle-motor-oil.png

I tried some and didn't think it smelled too good. Hard to describe it. Stinky actually even resembled a skunk oder. ??

I tried some and didn't think it smelled too good. Hard to describe it. Stinky actually even resembled a skunk oder. ??

it's actually only $1 more then lucas where i buy it.. i'm not as picky anymore so it's gonna take something special for me to switch from my $4 a litre oil :D

got this at the local carquest it was worth it only cost me 3.21 per quart.
smokes a wee bit and has a nice dark blue color this is not tcw3 it says api TC and jaso FB on the bottle
premix only.
12438.jpg

anybody try the royal purple 2 stroke oil? was feeling rich so bought jug today. i plan to run it at 50:1. :p use to run it at 40:1 through all my dirt bikes but haven't ran it since i switched to 4 stroke bikes. never used it in a chainsaw.

high-performance-2-cycle-motor-oil.png
its TCW3

it was a TCW3. royal purple changed it and now it's considered an all purpose. i'll run it. ran it in air cooled dirtbikes even when it was labeled TCW3 because it said on back it was safe for chainsaws so figured it would be safe for all air cooled engines. she'll get'er done :)

well it being a multi purpose oil it should also be rated api tc.
its good oil i guess but it isn't worth 15$ per quart the parts house demands for it.

******* I can't belive I've read through all this purse swinging. I've actually gleaned a few nuggets of info out of this so thanks to all which contributed to this thread. I still have a few liters of Motul 710 to burn through then 5 more bottles of Stihl Ultra that I got with my last trimmer. Then when I'm done I've got a case of Bailey's Woodlandpro to burn through so I'm good for several years.

******* I can't belive I've read through all this purse swinging. I've actually gleaned a few nuggets of info out of this so thanks to all which contributed to this thread. I still have a few liters of Motul 710 to burn through then 5 more bottles of Stihl Ultra that I got with my last trimmer. Then when I'm done I've got a case of Bailey's Woodlandpro to burn through so I'm good for several years.
mix all three brands together and report your findings back to us :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back