661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
******* I can't belive I've read through all this purse swinging. I've actually gleaned a few nuggets of info out of this so thanks to all which contributed to this thread. I still have a few liters of Motul 710 to burn through then 5 more bottles of Stihl Ultra that I got with my last trimmer. Then when I'm done I've got a case of Bailey's Woodlandpro to burn through so I'm good for several years.
Purse swingers:laughing:.

******* I can't belive I've read through all this purse swinging. I've actually gleaned a few nuggets of info out of this so thanks to all which contributed to this thread. I still have a few liters of Motul 710 to burn through then 5 more bottles of Stihl Ultra that I got with my last trimmer. Then when I'm done I've got a case of Bailey's Woodlandpro to burn through so I'm good for several years.
Quite a few manginas were irritated as well.
Thansk

If you have a known brand good 2 cycle oil and I include dino types as well you should never have to run any richer than 40:1 . One exception might be for stumping/ripping or milling but I think 40:1 would be fine but a bit richer might be a good idea .
Running too rich of an oil mix can cause issues too , you don't need that much in modern saws .

Some here have had a chainsaw chubby with all the nasty symptoms lasting for months, are they beyond saving?
Thansk
They should probably turn the rate down on the bar oiler to get rid of the dripping....... or maybe make sure they keep a scabbard on thier bar next time for safety's sake....Lol.:cold:

Back